Two skipped periods and BFN :(

Rands664

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here so hopefully this is in the right place.

Anyway, I am now on cycle day 75. My periods have been very regular since January, ranging from 28 to 33 days. So this is completely abnormal.

My last period was the beginning of August and I had a doctor's appointment in September because I missed my period with no bfp. They tested a few things including my thyroid and everything came back normal, but negative. So they just said it was due to stress. And ya, ok, still weird for me, but I went on, expecting another period the beginning of this month.

Fast forward to today and I have skipped a second period and had a ton of weird symptoms that I've never had due to AF, or even just "overthinking", mainly odd pains in my pelvis and back, sore nipples, and indigestion/heartburn (which I've NEVER had...EVER). I even have gained weight, specifically in my abdomen area. Also the past couple days I've been crying over the smallest things, like a movie or something my husband says that I know he didn't mean, and I am not an emotional person.

Yet through all of this, I've only gotten bfns and it's rather heartbreaking...I have another doctor's appointment next week and I'm going to request an ultrasound and another blood test but I'm scared it's gonna just be negative and something bad is going on...

So I guess I'm just looking for hope...has anyone else gone through something like this and turned out to really be pregnant? Or if not pregnant what was going on? I'm really trying not to get my hopes up, but this type of thing has never happened to me so I have no idea what is going on. Could I be pregnant? Or should I brace myself for something else?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can give!

hugs i wasnt pregnant and wasnt ovulating so thats why i didnt get my af hope u get some answers what about trying opks or temping see if that gives you any clues x

No experience with what you're describing, but I hope you will update us when you find out what's going on. Good luck!

Hi...so I didn't miss two periods but did miss 1. Ididnt get AF until cd60. I gotta say that I was miserable during that time...I started temping and using opks since I didn't know what was going on. My stomach was a disaster, cramps, spotting, irritability, metallic taste etc off and on during that whole time. I realized that every time my body tries to ovulate and didn't, my body went haywire. I had headaches bloating...ugh. I don't know if it helped, but I started taking vitex, evening promise oil, b complex vitamins and after a few weeks I got my AF.
But my ob told me to continue to take hpts just in case. Hopefully u can skip straight to the bfp! I would recommend u talk to ur doc, cuz if I would have gone 4 days more, she was going to give me something to make AF show.

hugs i wasnt pregnant and wasnt ovulating so thats why i didnt get my af hope u get some answers what about trying opks or temping see if that gives you any clues x

Agreed, the only time I had CD 40s and CD 60+s were due to lack of ovulation. I was a pretty regular girl, so when my period didn't show I was in my doctor's every week. I had all the symptoms of pregnancy, but bfn and negative blood tests. They tested all of my levels and my thyroid as well, but everything came back normal. I finally ended up getting a positive pregnancy test unexpectedly one my third wonky cycle (so I had a 40+ day one, then the 65ish day one, then around CD 40 of the third one I got a bfp). I ran in and threw it in their faces that I must have been pregnant all along and demanded an ultrasound. As it turned out, I ovulated CD 28 and the wonky cycles were due to delayed ovulation due to the giant cyst I had on my ovary. It was so large, it caused pregnancy symptoms. It was also so large, the doctor was highly concerned it would torse at any moment and I would lose my ovary. I was directed to take things extremely easy and not to be out of a 20 minute range of a hospital at all times. Ultimately, I was given the following choices: get it surgically removed and lose the baby in the process of the surgery, terminate and see if the cyst resolved on its own in the absence of pregnancy (had a history of pregnancy related cysts so they thought the size of the cyst was due to the pregnancy), or do neither and cross my finger and pray that the cyst doesn't torse and take both the baby and my ovary with it. In the end, I have two ovaries and no babies. It was a very s*y experience.

So my suggestion is that a delayed period not from pregnancy means something is not quite in order. Doctors usually don't really start digging deep until you hit 90 days of no period. But getting pregnant when your periods are irregular and you don't know why puts you and the baby at risk. My advice is to go in and ask for an ultrasound.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and advice ladies.

AF actually came yesterday, which was both horrible and a relief. I had an appointment today and so far everything looks normal, but the doctor is suspicious that I have PCOS, so I'm going in on Thursday for a full blood workup. Hopefully everything comes back normal, but if not at least I should know exactly what I'm dealing with.

In the meantime, my cycle is off to a fresh start so fingers crossed and baby dust that something good happens :) I'll keep you all posted on the bloodwork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->