TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

Torres

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Testing around the 20th? Let's go through these impossibly long two weeks together!
Who has a good feeling about this month? Who doesn't?
How long have you been TTC?

Torres, I'm with you. Thinking I o'd yesterday. Test day 19th or 20th for me.

Fx'd for us :)

onebump - Cheers to it being our month! Fx'ed! :wohoo:

Indeed. :)

Would have loved a BFP in time for mother's day, but tbh a BFP would just be so amazing at any time :D

I'm with you! I got my peak reading on CBFM yesterday and AF is due on St. Patty's Day. DH and I have played the "if it happens, great; if not, great" game for about three months, but this is our first month of actively trying. Gonna be a long two weeks!

This is only cycle #3. I came off the pill last year in preparation for trying. I'm 33 and desperately want to be a mum, like so many other women.

I've not been trying long, but fear that it may take quite a bit longer. Still I am hoping for the best!

How long have you been trying for #2?

Hi everyone I'm starting the 2ww too this our first month trying properly after I had my implant out in dec af is due the 19th or 20th if my cycle is the same as last month. Hope we all get our bfps this month x x

Hey ladies! Testing around the 20th? Let's go through these impossibly long two weeks together!

I'm in!
Good luck Torres :)

I have to admit, I don't feel great about it... (although I know I'm only 1 day in!) Mind you, I had no symptoms with my last BFP (Feb CP), but I had stronger fertile signs - CM etc. This time if I wasn't keeping the calendar, I wouldn't have even known I O'ed. I guess by that argument I don't really know that I have, just that I *should* have. The CP may have screwed with my system, but who knows. I'm going to assume it's business as usual, and get down to the BD'ing just in case!

So let's get to know each other to make this TWW less painful! I've been married to DH since August of this past year. I came off BC at Christmas. I had one wonky cycle right after that (which I probably shouldn't even consider cycle #1... but I do). On cycle 2 I got a BFP at 16DPO - 2 days after AF was due. I was losing my mind, testing every day from 10DPO onward. When I still was getting negatives at 14 DPO I had just about given up. I tried another afternoon FRER just on a whim and got the +! 4 days later, the + disappeared, and I bled heavily. So now I'm on to cycle #3, and have no idea if/what the effects from the CP will be on my system.

How long have you ladies been trying? Do you have kids already? If so - any advice on weathering through the TWW and perhaps some tips on how to improve the odds? :)

14 days, and counting!

FX to everyone.

Babyhopes - I know what you mean about not feeling great about it, but what I've noticed is whenever I DO feel good about it, I end up with a BFN! FX'ed!

Alto and Dotty - Hopefully you both have "beginners luck" and get your sticky bean on your first proper TTC cycle!

Onebump - this is my third cycle also. My DH and I were NTNP for our first, so I never knew this agony of TTC. Just three cycles in and I feel like I've been waiting forever, do you feel the same?!

My DH and I have been married since August 06. We had our daughter in March 08. Like I stated above, we weren't TTC, so I knew nothing about ovulation, CM, temping, etc, till we started trying again in January. I was quite overwhelmed when I started reading about it all, and was so glad when I found this website!

As for trying to increase the odds, the only things I have read have been to remain laying down after BDing for at least 15 mins, females achieving orgasm after the males can help the sperm stay in and up, make sure your man's testes aren't too warm (ex. wait to BD if he just got out of a hot shower/finished working out, etc.), don't have sex more than once a day, don't use lubricant....that's all I can really think of right now! Hope some of them help!

I've never had a CP, so I don't know what, if anything, it does to disrupt your system. If you're worried about it, talk to a doctor, otherwise I would advise to try not to stress about it. Stress impairs our chances of a BFP!

So when is everyone actually testing?
I want to try and hold out till the 20th, but tbh, I'll probably start testing on the 16th!

FX'ed for all of us ladies! I have a good vibe about this thread!

well hopefully there will be good news for you in 2 x weeks Babyhopes.

I have to say I feel the same, my temp dropped again this morning, don't know if that means I've not o'd this month and won't or what. However OH knew how to cheer me up by giving me some BD action after work :) That would at least cover us for a later than expected O.

Torres I do feel like its been forever, when I think how long ago Christmas was, it seems such a long time ago. OH didn't want to start trying till April though son I keep trying to placate myself saying I've got a 4 month jump on our original TTC date.

I'm aiming for a 19th March testing date should AF not have shown up...

I wish I could help you with the temping issue, but I know absolutely nothing about charting temps! If I don't get my BFP this month, I may read up on it though!
I had some EWCM this morning- does that mean I'm ovulating later than expected? I thought I O'ed yesterday, or can you have EWCM for a day or two after O? I think I may stay up late to BD when my hubby gets hone (he's on afternoons).

I wish I could help you with the temping issue, but I know absolutely nothing about charting temps! If I don't get my BFP this month, I may read up on it though!
I had some EWCM this morning- does that mean I'm ovulating later than expected? I thought I O'ed yesterday, or can you have EWCM for a day or two after O? I think I may stay up late to BD when my hubby gets hone (he's on afternoons).

I've had some today too.. but I remember on my last cycle I had a couple showings of it within 1-3 days after the calender said I O'ed. So I still don't know the exact date I do, I see it as a range, and lots of BD'ing in between! :)

Oh I don't know. So much of TTC is still a mystery.

It would make sense for you still to get a bit after O, as you are supposedly still a little fertile. But if you can BD at least you're covering all bases.

I have a feeling this is going to be the longest TTW ever. I'm not even 2DPO and my head is already playing the symptom spotting game! Any suggestions on how to relax my mind a little bit?!

Torres, so wish I did have an idea.

I am a teacher and had parents night tonight, meaning I didn't think about my own possible children all night ;)

Back to normal now.

I had the most amazing training session this morning, about the scientific studies to back up mental rehearsal.

Think about when you have that dream when you are falling, but your mind thinks its real and sends a rush of adrenaline, which wakes you up. The power of the brain/mind on our body is amazing. So not that this is enough to get you pregnant, but....if we rehearse a positive pregnancy in our heads rather than a negative pregnancy, our mind will believe that oh we've done this before, we can do it again. Whereas if you always think negatively your mind will tell you oh when we did this last time it was stressful. I am going to rehearse mentally pregnancy and labour regularly and change my thinking.

I know its a bit airy fairy for some, but it makes sense to me (because of scientific research).

Hi onebump I'm a teacher too! Had my parents evening last week though.

I'm on my third cycle of trying to concieve baby number 2. I have a DD who is 2.

Do you find it hard to find the energy to BD while being a teacher?!

AF is due on the 21st but I'm trying no to get my hopes up too much this time as I was so disappointed last month after some decptive symptoms.

Onebump - That truly is an interesting theory. I'm most def going to try it out! A little positive thinking never hurt anyone, right?!?!
Hi Louise, I'm on my third cycle as well. Fx'ed that the old saying "third times a charm" will apply to us this month!
Are any of you ladies early testers? Or do you wait till AF is late? I really want to try to hold out this month, but it's sooo hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->