U.K moms?

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by Lovelymummy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I have a question about moving :) both kids are dual citizens between Holland(an E.U country)and the U.S (FOB is dutch) so can I just get a visa for myself and have them come or do I need full paper work for all of us? I know that's a bit confusing but the brochure the embassy gave me makes no sense.

2. samface182

samface182 mummy to two boys.

sorry hun, i don't have a clue. didn't want to read and run though!

3. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

thanks :) it's just really confusing and the embassy isn't helpful

4. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere dh, me and 2dds

Honestly, I'd check with an immigration lawyer because it's not really the sort of thing you want to get wrong lol
    However, as I understand it, citizens of the eu have the right to live in britain, and I'm pretty sure as their mother you have the right to abode through them...but don't hold me to that!

5. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

Ok thanks :) I was just looking at the immigration website and it says that they are dutch by descent through FOB, but it says they have to be legitimized?

6. Yazz_n_bump

Yazz_n_bump Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)

You probably need to talk to a lawyer, why do you want to move to the UK when your from the USA/Holland? Bit of a random country? x

7. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

A lot of threads for one day don't you think?
    May be a good idea starting a thread titled 'Me' where you can put all your thoughts, instead of making fresh threads every time you contemplate your navel.

;)

8. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I'm not from Holland :) FOB is from there and that's where we met and where Verity was born. I think I have a job in event planning in The Hague where I can spend half as much on rent and make twice the money I am now so it's a win-win.

9. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

sorry :blush: I'll stop.

10. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

lol i was only joking :haha:

11. fantastica

fantastica Mum.

If you have a job, you will probably be able to get citizenship through that, or try this site :https://britishexpats.com/forum/ I know it's for british people moving abroad, but the people on here know their stuff! X

12. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I can get a 90 day visa and then extend once I get there :)