U.K moms?

L

Lovelymummy

I have a question about moving :) both kids are dual citizens between Holland(an E.U country)and the U.S (FOB is dutch) so can I just get a visa for myself and have them come or do I need full paper work for all of us? I know that's a bit confusing but the brochure the embassy gave me makes no sense.

sorry hun, i don't have a clue. didn't want to read and run though!

thanks :) it's just really confusing and the embassy isn't helpful

Honestly, I'd check with an immigration lawyer because it's not really the sort of thing you want to get wrong lol
However, as I understand it, citizens of the eu have the right to live in britain, and I'm pretty sure as their mother you have the right to abode through them...but don't hold me to that!

Honestly, I'd check with an immigration lawyer because it's not really the sort of thing you want to get wrong lol
However, as I understand it, citizens of the eu have the right to live in britain, and I'm pretty sure as their mother you have the right to abode through them...but don't hold me to that!

Ok thanks :) I was just looking at the immigration website and it says that they are dutch by descent through FOB, but it says they have to be legitimized?

You probably need to talk to a lawyer, why do you want to move to the UK when your from the USA/Holland? Bit of a random country? x

A lot of threads for one day don't you think?
May be a good idea starting a thread titled 'Me' where you can put all your thoughts, instead of making fresh threads every time you contemplate your navel.

;)

You probably need to talk to a lawyer, why do you want to move to the UK when your from the USA/Holland? Bit of a random country? x

I'm not from Holland :) FOB is from there and that's where we met and where Verity was born. I think I have a job in event planning in The Hague where I can spend half as much on rent and make twice the money I am now so it's a win-win.

A lot of threads for one day don't you think?
May be a good idea starting a thread titled 'Me' where you can put all your thoughts, instead of making fresh threads every time you contemplate your navel.

;)

sorry :blush: I'll stop.

If you have a job, you will probably be able to get citizenship through that, or try this site :https://britishexpats.com/forum/ I know it's for british people moving abroad, but the people on here know their stuff! X

If you have a job, you will probably be able to get citizenship through that, or try this site :https://britishexpats.com/forum/ I know it's for british people moving abroad, but the people on here know their stuff! X

I can get a 90 day visa and then extend once I get there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->