UGH! Blue dye test..

baby_bear1

Reaction score
Okay, so I am a week and 2 days late on my expected period, which should have been at the end of august. I had my last period in July, and nothing since. :wacko:

SO, I took a pregnancy test. I KNOW the blue dye ones are AWFUL & notorious for false readings, but I've NEVER had this happen. I've taken about 10 give or take, on and off blue dye HPTs, and this has never happened. It was a cloudy negative, and I *Know* you're supposed to disregard readings after 10 minutes or so. But something told me to look in the darn trash bin an hour or so later!

When I looked, there was a very VERY light but thick vertical line. I don't know what to make of it! I've had ALL the symptoms, and obvi no period, and every other test BUT this one has come out with big fat negatives. Could it just be an evap? It's got a VERY light blue tone to it. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I checked the other tests I took, and NOTHING! NO evaps or anything. Someone help? :blush:

Okay, so I am a week and 2 days late on my expected period, which should have been at the end of august. I had my last period in July, and nothing since. :wacko:

SO, I took a pregnancy test. I KNOW the blue dye ones are AWFUL & notorious for false readings, but I've NEVER had this happen. I've taken about 10 give or take, on and off blue dye HPTs, and this has never happened. It was a cloudy negative, and I *Know* you're supposed to disregard readings after 10 minutes or so. But something told me to look in the darn trash bin an hour or so later!

When I looked, there was a very VERY light but thick vertical line. I don't know what to make of it! I've had ALL the symptoms, and obvi no period, and every other test BUT this one has come out with big fat negatives. Could it just be an evap? It's got a VERY light blue tone to it. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I checked the other tests I took, and NOTHING! NO evaps or anything. Someone help? :blush:

UPDATE, I attached 3 pictures. one is in normal color, not so reliable lighting in my bathroom. :wacko: And the other two (one I took in black in white, which is the lighter one) and the second, (darker) I edited to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 37
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 39
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 28
I'm going to re try on Friday, if I can wait that long! :cry:

You think so, even if it was after the 10 minute mark?

I don't want to crush your dreams, but I've had lines like those before, and I wasn't pregnant. I would retest again another day with a pink dye test. Good luck and FX for you! I hope that your outcome wasn't like mine!

Im going to go to the OB Friday, just wanted someone else's input. Just me and my fiancée living together. :)

Welp, that's exactly what my BD test looked like and my Son is 1.5 years old. I dismissed it it because I thought "oh, it's just blue dye weirdness.." ahaha

Has anyone else had crappy times with the new FRER's? I got one today and it took well over the stated 3 minutes for results.. and they were negative! :(

I took a blue dye, and got what you see above. took a new FRER and it was bfn. :/

I really don't trust those Blue dyes. My friend kept getting questionable lines so asked me to try them. I have my tubes tired and am not exactly active in the bedroom, so my chances of pregnancy are literally zero. Straight away I could see a line form, so I would just avoid them altogether. Yes they can be accurate and I am sure they are reliable for some, but after my little experiment I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, just causes heartache.
Blue.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->