Ugh homework!!!

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
First, I am a very busy mom (who isn't?! - lol). I work full-time during the day, and pick up my kids from childcare, and don't get home with them until about 5:15pm everyday. I breastfeed the baby, cook dinner, and then either take them to Scouts, Girl Guides, and soon to start swim lessons (when?! there's no time!). The two days we have 'nothing' to do, is Tues/Wed and those are our 'homework' nights. My son's teacher, I think, gives a ridiculous amount of homework. She says it only takes a 'few minutes' every night. Well, I can tell you it took about 45mins tonight, and we only got through maybe half!!! Then I had to do my daughter's, which is sign language??? Why...I don't know. Grrrr...so I am sitting there fixing her fingers in the correct position, wondering why we aren't working on her printing(she's in grade one) ...and today, I realize, I HATE HATE HATE homework nights. I want my children to do well, and understand things, but it is so hard as a parent (my husband works 4-midnight so I am basically a single mom weeknights) to do homework, take care of a baby, make a proper dinner, and then, I don't even get one snuggle or even a proper chat with my kids...because it's bath and bed. Am I the only one who struggles with this?

ive only got one of the girls in school so don't really struggle but can imagine you struggle to find the time because your so busy. just an idea have you thought about looking at the little ones homework and doing it with her without her actually knowing? if your cooking dinner she could be sat at the kitchen table and if you just talk about what she has got to do or do sign language then it might not take up much time. Your sons homework takes 45 mins? that seems excessive could you split it up and do a little a night and then on homework night it should nearly be done, or maybe start him off while your cooking dinner and you check it when the dinner is ready.

My daughter has autism, so I wish it would be that easy, but it isn't. Just getting her to focus for 30 seconds (literally) is work for her, and anything else on top of that is very hard...she needs FULL attention. I am wondering, maybe I should hire a tutor?? That way, I can get work done, and also get their homework done too.

Thats not a bad idea at all, it would also give your time with them to enjoy it instead of trying to get them to do homework. i honestly dont think schools appreciate how long homework actually takes they always say a few mins a night but it is never that quick.

Thats not a bad idea at all, it would also give your time with them to enjoy it instead of trying to get them to do homework. i honestly dont think schools appreciate how long homework actually takes they always say a few mins a night but it is never that quick.

exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->