Uh oh, looks like we may need to potty train soon

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I was planning on leaving it until the baby was born. I've heard loads of people say that they got their LO out of nappies, then a new baby came into the house, and they went straight back into nappies. So I thought we'd wait a while, also for the warmer weather. And boys are notoriously later than girls anyway (Kayleigh was about 2 years 3 months).

Well, we've had the potty in the bathroom for months. Charlie knows it's his potty/toilet, and sits on it fully clothed saying he's going for a wee wee. He also sits on it naked when he gets out the bath, but only for a couple of seconds before he says Finished and runs off.

But Wednesday night, he sat on it for about 30 seconds, and when he stood up, he'd done a wee! :happydance: He was soooo proud of himself and shouted down to his Daddy "Daddy, I done a yellow in the potty!":rofl:

Thursday night was a repeat - he did it again!:happydance:

Then last night, he must have sat on the potty for about 2 minutes. He looked like he was straining for a poo!! He was grunting and everything trying to wee!! :rofl: But nothing appeared. So I told him it was okay, he'd tried, and lets go and get dressed. So he ran to the top of the stairs and shouted "Daddy! Wee wee not working" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think he may be ready.:dohh:

Any tips for little boys? They didn't have pull-ups when I was potty training Kayleigh, so it was a case of wearing pants and changing after every accident. Are pull-ups worth it? Or does the child just see them as nappies?

i think just go for it hun, chloe still wears pull-ups to bed(shes pees thro and doesnt wake up) and wen she goes for a nap shell wear a pull up, but wen she gets up(still wearing it) wont ask for the toilet.

go charlie tho!! thats gr8!! callum sits on potty but does thw whole 2 mins thing an runs off goin, willy out!! lol

Lol he is so funny

I have 3 little boys, 2 are potty trained. I have always heard that "boys take longer than girls, boys are harder than girls" I honestly don't believe it, I can't imagine a girl being any easier. My oldest potty trained daytime at 2 1/2 and nighttime right around 3yrs. My 2nd did day and night at almost 26mo.

What we did was let them run naked, if they had diapers or even just underwear on they would get to playing and completely forget until it was too late. So without undies they ran around and remembered, yes there were occassional accidents but I just cleaned them up adn went on our way. It took my oldest 1wk to potty train and my 2nd almost 2wks and both were accident free and we put them in undies and they did fine from then on out

clever little man :D well done, go for it, he seems ready

OH says to let him practice shooting out the cheerios in the potty for going pee(fuit loops work too though I don't know if you have the same cereals)

OH says to let him practice shooting out the cheerios in the potty for going pee(fuit loops work too though I don't know if you have the same cereals)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brilliant suggestion! I think we'll try and crack the potty training first before we attempt standing up!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->