UK babies plant a tree..

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
has anyone else had this??
i had a certificate through the post this morn saying that Rhiannon had a tree planted for her in the Usk area in Monmouthshire.. apparently all babies born after 1st January 2008 get this...

i think its a fab idea :)

What a lovely idea! I haven't even heard of that, and we haven't been sent anything... Rhiannon's older than Sam though, so I wonder if we'll get something soon too! :D

Yes i got one a couple of weeks ago, sam's mum i think its just in wales:hissy: I think its brilliant idea xx

Ooo I hope Indi gets one too! I'm planning on us starting a yearly tradition of tree planting so that would be a good start!

Not heard of it.

Lovely idea though

Thats an amazing idea. I also found this site once that does tiny lil trees as wedding favors and gifts for all kinda stuff i mean these u have to take care of in doors till there big enough to go outside but isnt a great idea for atleast each person in ur wedding party to have a tree that grows with ur marriage but they also did new baby ones and i always thought it was such a good idea to plant a tree with or for ur child.. Thats taking care of their future too.

Hadn't heard of this either, but apparently every child born or adopted from Jan 1st 2008 onwards in Wales will have a tree planted:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7148674.stm
Really good idea:happydance:

:( we havent had our tree?

Rhiannon only just had hers newts, maybe Oscars will arrive soon :)... anyone know why its only Wales having this?

Rhiannon only just had hers newts, maybe Oscars will arrive soon :)... anyone know why its only Wales having this?

we have a tree shortage....I thought you knew that ;)

What a cute idea. Maybe I'll plant a tree just for Erica.

When my a baby is born in my family, Someone in my family, buys a tree to be planted somewhere in this country.

Bit like on birthday's my mum doesn't receive presents from some family members but a Oxfam thing to say someone bought her a cow for villager's in Africa to get milk or something similar.

Really nice things to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->