Uk child benefit

familygirl30

Reaction score
So u apply for this after baby born,read it can take up to 12 week to see if entilted to it or not,but will they pay u from the day baby was born?

I believe so, you register baby and then apply. It didn't take any where near 12 weeks with did. X

They will back date it but only so far back, i think its 3 months so its better to apply sooner rather than later.
With ds we applied at the same time we registered his birth, from what i remember the registrar filled the form in, we signed it and she sent it off. This was xmas time and we got the reply within a week or so. It really didnt take long at all.

Aslong as you apply within 3 months of the birth they will back date. It doesn't take long. Do it as soon as possible once baby is born.

What's the criteria to get child benefit?

I know nothing about benefits.

Just googled it. Is that the same as the old family allowance?

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/start/who-qualifies/do-you-qualify.htm

Am I getting this right: even if you have a joint nome of over £50k per annum and don't need the allowance, you still need to apply for child allowance? It says:

It's important to still fill in a Child Benefit claim form, even if you don't want to get the payments. This is because if you are entitled to receive Child Benefit it can:
help you qualify for National Insurance credits that can protect your entitlement to State Pension
help protect your entitlement to other benefits such as Guardian's Allowance
ensure your child is automatically issued with a National Insurance number before their 16th birthday

Yep, you still need to apply. Its an individual income over 50k tho, not joint

do you still have to get a bounty pack for it? I think I called last time as I remember refusing the pack.

You don't have to get the bounty pack for it, they like to make you think you do though.

You can call up before and get it sent x

Its not a case of if your entitled to it, as long as you have a live birth everyone is entitled to it (assuming your uk citizen of course)even the queen is entitled to it because it is the childs money not yours so it doesn't matter about income.
we don't actualy use lo's so it sits in a account and mounts up and he can have it when hes 18 towards a car or flat deposit.

Its not a case of if your entitled to it, as long as you have a live birth everyone is entitled to it (assuming your uk citizen of course)even the queen is entitled to it because it is the childs money not yours so it doesn't matter about income.
we don't actualy use lo's so it sits in a account and mounts up and he can have it when hes 18 towards a car or flat deposit.

That's not the case anymore. If you or your partner earns over £50k as an individual then you don't get it. There's was a big issue when it came out because a couple earning £49k each would get it but a family with a stay at home parent and 1 parent who earnt £50k wouldn't.

Yeah, you get the form in the bounty pack given to you at the hospital when you give birth. I dare say you could also download online too. You register birth and as long as you meet the income criteria as the girls above have said. It took about 2 weeks to get my first payment xx

That's not the case anymore. If you or your partner earns over £50k as an individual then you don't get it. There's was a big issue when it came out because a couple earning £49k each would get it but a family with a stay at home parent and 1 parent who earnt £50k wouldn't.

I didn't realise they had changed that yet. I knew they where planning on but though it was still in the debating stages.

Yes the law was passed with the changes so any income over £50k you do not qualify for the child benefit.

You also definitely do not need to get the Bounty pack. I'm against these packs and have refused them all and will do the same with the new baby one. There are many ways to access the CB form.

the only thing i like about the bounty pack is the awesome mini sudocrem pot you get :haha:

the only thing i like about the bounty pack is the awesome mini sudocrem pot you get :haha:

I was totally smitten when I saw that with lo's pack :)
I actualy couldn't stop showing it to people going "awww look how tiddly this is" (sod the baby) :haha:
I kept restocking it from the big pot and kept it for ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->