UK crimes.

L

LoveMyBugg x

What's it like?

The US is BAD. Lots of kidnapping, killings, rapes, robberies everywhere constantly. It's HORRIBLE.

I assumed it was like this most parts the world.. but i'm questioning that.. as i've found many ppl from the uk are anti cell phone for kids...

I'm giving my daughter a cell phone prob in kindergarten. Not one with full uses, one that has a tracker and allows her to call 2-3 people and 911.
I feel strongly about this, as if anyone approached her, even if she pretended to be on the phone, they'd be less likely to attack.

Is it a bit safer in the UK? :shrug:

Where i grew up in London its alot nicer than people make it out to be
I grew up in a deprived area, what people would call "rough estate" and what i learned was that if you didnt trouble anyone 9/10 they didnt trouble you.
Yes there is gun/gang/knife crime but isnt there that everywhere? And tbh IMO the media do everything they can to fuel the fire by posting CONSTANT negative press of youth all over the newspapers, in dramas, tv shows, everywhere! Rather than focus on the positive. This means the youth of today feel the only way they can heard is through negativity
Anywaysss, ahaha rant over. I loved growing up in London and its nowhere near as bad as people make out :flower:

I grew up in a deprived area, what people would call "rough estate" and what i learned was that if you didnt trouble anyone 9/10 they didnt trouble you.
Yes there is gun/gang/knife crime but isnt there that everywhere? And tbh IMO the media do everything they can to fuel the fire by posting CONSTANT negative press of youth all over the newspapers, in dramas, tv shows, everywhere! Rather than focus on the positive. This means the youth of today feel the only way they can heard is through negativity
Anywaysss, ahaha rant over. I loved growing up in London and its nowhere near as bad as people make out :flower:

^^^^ WSS

I think there's good and bad in all places, I love living in the UK :flower:

^^^^ WSS

I think there's good and bad in all places, I love living in the UK :flower:

ahaha thankyou :flower: i grew up on one of the worst estates on south London and i left school with 12 GCSE's, starting a law course, ive got a beautiful son who i work hard to provide for, never touched drugs, so we aint all bad ;) loool

I love living in the US, as the pp said there are good and bad places everywhere and the same is true in the US.

I would imagine the uk being nicer idk why maybe just the tour guide type things i see :haha: maybe just a stereotype, but that's why i asked :)

I do think the us has a higher crime rate honestly though. Yep pros and cons to everywhere... just as the us provides alot more opportunity as a pro but a way higher crime rate as a con.

I was just surprised to see so many anti cell phone posts as i've always imagined it being a means of safety these days. of course one without free usage, only allowing a few contacts for emergencies and a tracking device. x

There are lots of low crime places in America.
It isn't really fair to compare since the UK doesn't nearly have the same population density.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ry-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

I just saw these statistics but who knows how accurate they are.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ry-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

I just saw these statistics but who knows how accurate they are.

Personally wouldn't believe a word the mail said!

Also, I too am from the west coast, so I get where you are coming from OP.
My recommendation is to move. lol

ahh yes, but it seems as if everywhere is starting to become similar... it's almost like nowhere is safe! not just the us, but globally. But, especially the US at the same time.

Since you're from the same area, what do you think of cell phones at a young age, limited usage for safety?

ahh yes, but it seems as if everywhere is starting to become similar... it's almost like nowhere is safe! not just the us, but globally. But, especially the US at the same time.

Since you're from the same area, what do you think of cell phones at a young age, limited usage for safety?

I think actually it would make my child a target for theft.
But she won't be by herself very often.
She's not going to walk home from friends houses or school, I will come get her. It all really depends on where we live. My old hometown, hell no.
She would get jumped for her phone, shoes, and jacket.
Somewhere else, not so much.

Oh my gosh, I hate how many child kidnap or rapes there are. Im trying to ingrain stranger danger into my Kindergartener, but who knows what she will really do if someone tried to talk her into something like getting into their car. 5 year olds are manipulated pretty easily. I'm worried of her going with someone while at school. I'm the extra cautious parent but its never enough.

I've given her a password that if someone tries to pick her up, she will ask them the password. I will tell who ever it is previously so they can tell her. I told her if its someone she has never seen before then that doesnt apply. She needs to run away if that happens. But if it is someone she knows she needs to get the password first. If its family then its fine to go with them without a password obviously.

I've lived in PA, CA, WA, OK, stayed a month in MO and now I'm in NY. Crime deff varies in the states. Some areas leave their doors unlocked some areas have like 5 deadbolts(exaggeration) on all their doors just depends. But that's just from what I've seen. I see you're from Seattle nice area I stayed in Tacoma/Lakewood area

Edit: Nice area meaning I liked going up there for shopping IDK how your guys crime is

The UK and Europe have a lot more theft and mugging, and I believe the US has a lot more violent crimes such as rape and stabbings. Completely depends on where you live though! I live in a tiny town on an island in the middle of nowhere, where everyone knows everyone. If I were living in somewhere like New York City or Compton, California...you betchya I'd be getting my kid an emergency cell phone!

I think your best bet is see where you want to move to find that areas local police blotter/watch dog and see if it is for you. The state we just moved from we were scared to go on vacation due to burglers now we live in a better area again.

Her cell phone would be one like this

Which sole purpose is to track young kids by their parents phones and allows only emergency contacts. Not worth much, not worth stealing. Looks more like a toy!

Yea the area does play a huge role obviously.. I'm just finding places like arlington (what has always been thought of as a very nice little place) have been having kidnapping etc. going on... A little girl was snatched into the woods not long ago and THANK GOD.. she escaped and ran away.

No place is safe anymore, not really safe.. and more so than before from my understanding... the us isn't in a good place right now so crimes are skyrocketing.. thugs are getting more vigilant more violent more manipulative and more tricky...

actually they're imitating undercover cop cars pulling you over.. than doing their thing.. also they're setting out baby carseats with dolls in them on the side of the road knowing ppl (women) will pull over to take a look.. than they're dragging them off raping, beating, murdering them.

True stories..
We've been told not to stop, or even slow for strange things on the side of the road but instead to call 911 and report it lock the doors and speed up. They're even using real, young kids as bait... it's F***ED. :nope:

desperate times call for desperate measures? a;ldkfakfjasdl!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2
The mail lol - anyways I grew up in rough area in Lincoln in the UK - we were robbed three times and my little brother beaten up in the streets - in another area recently one guy killed another with a samerai sword and round the corner from that less then 3 weeks later someone else was killed - and people random beat people up in the UK I think mainly up north - I too would give a mobile (cell phone) to my son as soon as he could learn to use it for safety reasons - London gets a bad rap - it's not so bad down there and in areas of Lincoln your safe. You have to remember to avoid drunk chavs as for some reason they like beating people to a pulp for no good reason - :( - so every place has good and the bad - :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->