Uk holiday with kids recomendations please.

DCS

Reaction score
I need a break. We quite wanted to go away this year but with a newborn and threenager its probably more hassle than its worth. So i thought id have a look for next year.
We dont have a car, so it needs to be easy to get to. and cheap. The cheaper the better. DD is 4 weeks old this week and DS is 3 and 4 months. To be honest i dont care where we go i would just like a few days away. Obviously needs to keep the kids entertained or have something for them.

Anyone like to suggest anywhere?

I've always liked Devon, particually Torquay and Paington, there's always buses going down there, plenty of buses once you get down there too, and there's also a train station there and in Paington. Lots to do for families in that area. I take my LO's every year and have been going myself since I was little. A bit further away and a bit more pricey I find when it comes to accommodation but Newquay Cornwall is lovely, I went to Perranporth last year and porth May this year and it was lovely, not so much to do there but Newquay was only a short drive or bus journey away and there's lots to do in Newquay.

We've gone to haven a few times since having ds and we took dd in june and were going again in sept. Tbh it isnt mine and OH idea of an amazing holiday but money's tight and the kids dont know if you're in blackpool or barbados. We go to primrose valley in filey and there's loads to do for kids. The swimming is free, its on the beach and although the evening entertainment is cheesy its aimed at kid's and my ds whos 2.5 loves it. Its not far from Scarborough and Bridlington and you can catch a bus to both from inside the park. There is also a train station in filey so you could arrive by train if you haven't got a car. If you wanted to go further away we've been to dorset a few times and its beautifull, and there's always centre parks but I always find that expensive.

We're off to goodrington in paignton this year, weve been loads before and is lovely. There are days out nearby at torquay and brixham. You've got the zoo, the pier, the steam train, woodlands theme park which is about 30 mins away. Plus a lovely beach, park, crazy golf etc. Can't wait for it now! Our week in an apartment cost just over £200 for the 4 of us xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->