UK ladies - Are you having the whooping cough vaccine?

Little G

Reaction score
I've made my appointment for next week but reading pro's and con's about it online, im sure i've made the correct choice in getting it done but just wondering what everyone else opinion on it is?

xx

hiya I'm having mine- haven't looked at the cons of having it

the midwife recommended it so I just accepted it!

I am in the US, but just got mine today! I had it while pregnant ith my dd in 2013 too. My dr recommends it for every pregnancy.

Yeah I've had mine at 30 weeks and had the same when I was pregnant with da in 2013 x

I haven't booked it for this pregnancy yet but I had it with my ds last time round

I must remember to book in for mine! I know there's a minimum number of weeks pregnant you need to be (28?), but is there a maximum? Is there an upper limit cutoff?

I've had mine. Had no after effects other than my arm was a bit sore for 48 hours.

Yep had mine a couple weeks ago. Its so dangerous if baby gets it and its on the increase again in the UK scarily! Didn't hurt any more than my flu shot.

I had mine at about 27 weeks! Didn't hurt but arm was achy afterwards. didn't have it with my first but had it with my second too x

I must remember to book in for mine! I know there's a minimum number of weeks pregnant you need to be (28?), but is there a maximum? Is there an upper limit cutoff?

Yeah minimum is 28 weeks, i think the cut off for it is 38 weeks, I just kept forgetting about making the appointment. :blush:

I've had mine. Had no after effects other than my arm was a bit sore for 48 hours.

Goodness my arm is so sore! The actual shot didn't hurt, but now it feels as though I have been punched in the arm several times! I hope it is only like this 48 hours! Hope it feels better when I wake up tomorrow.

Hiya

I've had mine and my sis is a nurse and she had it with all of her kids.

It's better to be safe then sorry in my opinion and the vaccination helps protect your unborn baby once they are born so in my opinion it's win win.

There are risks with everything's do x

I'm refusing to have it done. Ive not had it done in any of my pregnancies, as I find there's not enough evidence it actually does prevent whooping cough for first 2 months..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->