Uk members - private scans

BB1982

Reaction score
hello!

Just wondering if anybody can give me advice. I’m considering a private scan, maybe around week 8. I’ll probably have to tell my work before 12 weeks, and I’d just like to know all is well before I do really..

What kind of prices have you paid? And how many weeks were you? Would it be external or an internal scan at that point?

I have two locally, looks like they charge around £70-£80. I’m not sure my DH will be on board with spending that much sadly!!

We had a private scan done for reassurance at 8+1 (by LMP) and we just happened to measure exactly.

We paid £50 for the scan and it was done abdominally :flower:

Have a look on Groupon as they often have offers for scans on there. The best one I have been to is ‘Your Baby Scan’ in Widnes - Your Baby Scan | What is a 4D Bonding Scan?

You can often find scans pretty cheap, less than £40, especially the earlier 2D ones.

Ok that’s great! Hadn’t thought of groupon. If we could get it for under £50 I think DH would be more likely to agree. I don’t want anything fancy, just a regular US to check all is ok.

Hey i had 3 really good ones with baby face 4d. I think these were about £59. I cant recall if it was internal or external for around 8 weeks sorry!

We pay £60 for our early scans and if we have any more before 16 weeks we get them £10 cheaper x

I didn’t have a private scan early but I did have an early scan at 8 weeks due to bleeding so was free but I did have to have an internal scan as they couldn’t see anything on abdominal... but saying that I had a scan at 13 weeks and that ended up being an internal scan too as baby wouldn’t stop moving around and they couldn’t get a clear picture or measurements from abdominal so I guess it depends on the person/baby!

I paid £75 the other day as I was bleeding. I was 8 weeks 4 days. It just looked like a blur with a heartbeat but I needed to have it done for reassurance. I wouldn’t pay for it again this early if I didn’t have any problems as you don’t see much

Thanks everybody. I’ve looked and sadly no groupon or other offers locally. I have yet to broach the subject with my DH to see what he says. I’m not hopeful if it’s going to cost £79.

Thanks everybody. I’ve looked and sadly no groupon or other offers locally. I have yet to broach the subject with my DH to see what he says. I’m not hopeful if it’s going to cost £79.
If you want to look at my vid look me up on Instagram lisa_budd_
I’d add it on here but I struggled just adding a pic lol

If you want to look at my vid look me up on Instagram lisa_budd_
I’d add it on here but I struggled just adding a pic lol
Thanks! The difference between the two scans is incredible isn’t it. Hope your next scan goes ok. Xx

Mentioned it to DH last night, timed it carefully, after Bd’ing!! (at least I knew he’d been in a good mood!!! )
He wasn’t immediately against it, we both agree it’s expensive, so we agreed will see in a week or two how we both feel.
He understands I’ll have to tell work early and that I want to know all is ok before doing that, but he said if I find out at 8 weeks or 12 weeks that things arnt ok I’d still probably need a bit of time off and have to tell them anyway. I guess it’s a fair point. It’s £80 we could use elsewhere for baby. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->