UK only, how long do I wait til I contact my GP?

kmpreston

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently CD48 and going slightly crazy.
My cycles are not 100% regular but usually get my period by 35 days day, 39 was my longest so far. FF estimated that it was due on 5th of January and based on my longest cycles it would have been here by The 9th.

So I am either 13 days or 9 days late depending on how you judge it.
I have done countless tests now, I have had several faint lines on ICs and two on slightly better quality tests. But they were super super faint and now seem to have gone

The cramping I have been having since before AF was even due is still here but still only slight. In other words AF is showing no signs of coming

My question is, how long should I wait before the GP will take me seriously and do a blood test? I'm in the Uk so it's not routine and I don't want to turn up and them say "it takes a while after you stop the pill". I have had mostly normal, definitely ovulatory cycles til now so I don't think blaming the pill is the right thing here

Any help is appreciated
Here are my disappearing lines (inverted only to make the comparison clearer)

Top was Thursday bottom was Saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 16
I once went to the gp 50 days into what turned into a 60 day cycle and they told me to come back in a month...

I would maybe give your GP a call and see what they say?

I once went to the gp 50 days into what turned into a 60 day cycle and they told me to come back in a month...

I would maybe give your GP a call and see what they say?

I'd love to but they don't do telephone appoints except for results follow ups so I would only get to talk to a receptionist

The NHS website says see a doctor if you miss two or three periods: https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/menstrualcycle/Pages/DoIneedtoseeadoctor.aspx

I guess you're not quite there yet, but maybe if there's still nothing in a week or so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->