UK products for babies and children that use as many natural products as possible

chocolate

Reaction score
Hiya, after thinking about a previous thread, I want to find products that are as natural as possible.
When DS was little I used mainly cotton wool and water with a drop of olive oil if needed and flannels. But I look after other children, so slowly this has changed to wipes, and I use an Organic bath wash and shampoo but after reading the long list of ingredients its still only 70% organic and is a huge list of ingredients.

DS reacts to Johnsons and a few other bath products, but I wondered what other products would be a good choice for newborns and toddlers?
I have Weleda nappy cream, and got some of that oat Aveeno? Baby barrier for the new baby, but tbh I dont really know what to look for in ingredients ....

Try this thread - https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/364740-natural-organic-skincare-babycare.html for some suggestions :)

I love love love Nature's Recipe stuff, especially the Kiddie Kind Wash. I also really like the Organic Baby range by The Green People. Their baby salve is fab as a nappy cream, and all-over yummy baby salve (and Mummy salve :blush:)

Try this thread - https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/364740-natural-organic-skincare-babycare.html for some suggestions :)

I love love love Nature's Recipe stuff, especially the Kiddie Kind Wash. I also really like the Organic Baby range by The Green People. Their baby salve is fab as a nappy cream, and all-over yummy baby salve (and Mummy salve :blush:)

Hi, I think thats what I use at the moment, Organic Baby, a white label with clear bottle ........ its just when you look at ingredient lists its so hard to know if its ok or not!

Generally I trust the Green People, as they are a credible company with a strong history. Usually it says somewhere on the bottle what % is organic, iykwim?

Try their website as well, I'm sure they'll say somewhere on there what everything is :) Most of the stuff (as far as I remember) is plant or vegetable derived ingredients.

I really like Waitrose Bottom Butter - it';s olive oil, hydrogenated olive oil, chamomile and vanilla and that's it. It's great all over, not just for bottoms. They do a coconut oil massage oil too.

ETA it's only £2.50, too!

Steer clear of Sodium Laurel Suphate - its an irritant & most products contain it. Need to check the labels as I noticed in Sainsbury's & Asda's own naturals have SLS.

Parabens is another nasty chemical. Sainsburys own wipes dont contain this.

I recommend Weleda, Burts Bees & Waitrose own baby (very good value).

I really like Waitrose Bottom Butter - it';s olive oil, hydrogenated olive oil, chamomile and vanilla and that's it. It's great all over, not just for bottoms. They do a coconut oil massage oil too.

I agree, Waitrose own baby products are superb value.

I agree, Waitrose own baby products are superb value.

Thats the sort of product Im looking for, with only a few ingredients that I recognise!
Do they do any sort of shampoo's? Thinking of using the bottom butter as a bath oil/wash for DS but will need something for his hari.
And the massage oil sounds good as it was the Johnsons bathtime oil that looked like it burnt DS's skin! But in the winter it would be nice to massage him along with the new baby so he doesnt miss out

https://www.waitrose.com/shopping/homeandhousehold/waitrosebaby.aspx

Found this, just hope it smells nice, will go and have a look tomorrow :thumbup:

Oh good, I hope you like it! There's been a rush in people buying it lately as it's being used by mums on their faces as some kind of wonder product.

Oh good, I hope you like it! There's been a rush in people buying it lately as it's being used by mums on their faces as some kind of wonder product.

lol, may give it a go, cant believe how reasonable it is, even their wipes are cheap! Just hope I stay away from buying their nice but expensive food while Im there :winkwink:

I know... it's our nearest big shop so we do nip tuhere sometimes for essentials (which aren't toooo pricy) but lovely stuff sneaks in, too!

See, you lot are so lucky with your Waitroses! As far as I know, there are only 2 small ones up here, in the posh end of Glasgow and posh end of Edinburgh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->