UK scans...help

kitten23

Reaction score
I'm currently 6w 6d with my first. I live in the UK. I'm so confused about when you have each scan etc. when do I need to go to the GP? I went 3 weeks ago as I knew early that I was pg. but they refused to do anything (even after previous m/c). Am I entitled to a scan any time soon? Any info greatly received! (My family don't know yet so can't go to them for advice) x

You only get a scan at around 12 and around 20 weeks normally. I went docs when I was 5 weeks and they registered me as preg and then a few weeks later I recieved my letter for my 10 week booking appointment with midwife and a scan appointment for at almost 13 weeks. I got very impatient waiting and paid for a scan at a babybond center in mothercare at 8 weeks.

I saw the midwife at 9 weeks and have my scan at nearly 14 weeks despite having a mc at 13 weeks.
Normally midwifes will see you from 8 weeks for your booking in app then scan from 11 weeks and another at 20 weeks.
Your midwife should explain all appointments needed at your booking app x

So do I need to go to the GP next week? Will they refer me to a midwife? Sorry for all the questions! X

You only get a scan at around 12 and around 20 weeks normally. I went docs when I was 5 weeks and they registered me as preg and then a few weeks later I recieved my letter for my 10 week booking appointment with midwife and a scan appointment for at almost 13 weeks. I got very impatient waiting and paid for a scan at a babybond center in mothercare at 8 weeks.

If you don't mind me asking, was the private scan expensive? I'm seriously considering it.... X

So do I need to go to the GP next week? Will they refer me to a midwife? Sorry for all the questions! X

at my doctors surgery its not necessary to see the doctor before the midwife.
I phoned up mine and asked to be booked straight in with the mw. She did ask if I needed to see a doc but I said 2 missed periods and alot of positive tests tell me I dont need a doc to confirm im pregnant.

xx

It was expensive - £99. But, it did put my mind at ease and has allowed me to enjoy the pregnancy.

It's just the 12 week and have week scan. I had to ring my midwife myself and arrange a booking appointment that I had yday at 8 weeks she will arrange scan ect.
I have had a early scan for bleeding at 7 weeks and I have paid for a scan that im having tomorrow it is with first encounters and is £80

You usually only get a scan before 12 weeks if there is a problem or emergency such as bleeding. Otherwise you'll get a scan at around 12 weeks, possibly one at 16weeks and another at 20weeks. I've had my 12 week scan and will be going for my 16week scan in 3 weeks. Not too sure what that scan will be for but I'm looking forward to seeing baby again :) If you want a scan, maybe you need to go to a private hospital to get a scan. It may be pricey though x

I just rang docs and asked to book an appointment with the midwife. That was all fine then when you go she will fill out all the paper work with you and then you will get a letter in the post to tell you when your 12 week scan is

Heya,

when I found out that I my baby's heartbeat had stopped, the people in the hospital told me that I could come back when I get pregnant again for a reassurance scan at about 7-8 weeks. It depends on the hospital's policy I suppose.

:flower:

Hey Kitten

I'm having a 6 week scan as I had done v early spotting (brown) but they only do early scans to check for ectopic or signs something is wrong.

I have found a clinic that do reassurance scans privately anytime between 6-12 weeks for £50

Depending on if bean is ok and if I have to go back with the nhs I will be booking once between 6&12 weeks as another 6 week wait not knowing would drive me mad

I saw gp at 4 n half weeks, had first midwife apt at about 7 weeks, scan at 12 weeks, next apt will be at 16 weeks then final scan at 20 weeks then after That midwife every 4 or so weeks until further towards the end. Don't expect too much off ur midwife though

Hey

Just an update, I gad my early scan today and we could see the sac and the yolk sac but the baby is to small to see.

The nurse said it's best to wait to 7/8 weeks before you get a proper look.
Just didn't want you spending cash unnecessarily

Hey

Just an update, I gad my early scan today and we could see the sac and the yolk sac but the baby is to small to see.

The nurse said it's best to wait to 7/8 weeks before you get a proper look.
Just didn't want you spending cash unnecessarily

Thank you. I'm 7w 4d but am going to wait til 12w scan. I have bought a Doppler so will play around with that over the next few weeks instead. :) x

I always have a private reassurance scan but usually between 7-8 weeks. ..iv been disappointed at 6 didn't see heart beat and left there thinking there would never be one but 2 weeks later the heartbeat was very clear x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->