Ultrasound Abbreviation?

Sander

Reaction score
Hi :) I had my first ultrasound last week at 7+3, and I was wondering if anyone knows what GP and a % next to it means on an ultrasound pic? I was going to ask my midwife at my appointment next week but I'm curious and can't find anything online about it. The US tech said everything was normal, but my measurements said:
CRL: 1.27cm
GA: 7w3d
GP: >10%

I'd really love to know what is under 10% and if that's good or bad. I thought maybe it had to do with the fact that I measured a week smaller than my LMP dates?

Anyways. Not a big deal but I can't find anything on google for the life of me.

Maybe something to do with the placenta? "p"?? Totally not sure!!

looking at some pictures of an on machine measurement report it looks like it is referring to the percentile and that little line thing with the dots that you get on printed reports. I don't think it's unusual to measure quite far ahead or behind at an early scan as there's a huge margin of error if they get the measurement wrong by even a mm. I think you're right about it comparing to your lmp as they would've entered that into the machine as a reference point. I had a growth scam that put DD at 30% percentile if that and she was born at 50%, the 12 week and 20 Week scans should be more accurate as the baby is bigger but not too big to fit on the screen all at once!
this link is for the measurements i found https://texassurrogacy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/speaking-in-superlatives.html?m=1

Ichigo thanks for the great reference! I agree that it must be comparing to LMP dates which would mean a baby measuring 7+3 where they were expecting 8+4, it would make sense for the growth percentile (?) to be super small. Luckily though by tracking my O dates baby was measuring exactly as I expected at 7+3. They should really take women more seriously when they say they track ovulation! My dates were spot on but they made me worry by assuming LMP dates.

Anyways. If that's what it is I'm totally unconcerned because baby is exactly the right size for my dates. Thanks for the reassurance everyone :)

Isn't ">" greater than? Or am i getting confused?

Ah that's interesting I'll remember that for tomorrow! I tracked my ovulation so just told them my know was 2 weeks before 😂

Sorry I wrote it backwards. Should have said <10%

CRL means Crown-Rump length. Just measures how long baby is measuring from head to bum.

GP should be growth percentile.

GA is gestational age!

Less than 10 percent on the growth percentile is within normal growth limits. The percentages are saying that out of 100 normally growing embryos at ur gestation, that your baby is in the lower 10%. But that means baby is growing at a perfectly normal rate! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->