Ultrasound at 5w2d

TLosch

Jaxson Kyle
Reaction score
I am having an ultrasound tomorrow..can I expect to see a heartbeat or is it way to early?? Had some spotting early on which has stopped now but they want to make sure everyhting is ok..HCG is still going up....so hopefully all is well.

Its maybe a wee bit early but you never know. Just dont be disheartened if they tell you to come back in a week.

Good luck I hope it goes well. XX

I agree...could go either way, but even if you are 1 or 2 days off, it is doubtful you will see a HB (unless you are 2 days ahead, then MAYBE!!). Don't be scared if you don't...they should be able to at least measure the sac and see a yolk sac. Good Luck!!

I was 5k3d and didnt see heart beat just yolk sac and a teeny tiny dot which was the baby :) going next week hopefully see hb!

I was just over 5 weeks when I had an U/S and they did see a heartbeat, but everyone is different and they may not see it this time xx

I had a us at 5+1 and there was no yolk sac which scared the bejesus out of us, at 6+3 our bean had a heartbeat!

Keep an open mind. As Ladypotter says even a couple days each way makes a difference. XX

I like this site as it shows you various scans from each week in the first trimester!

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html

Good luck tomorrow!

i had a scan at 5 weeks 1 day and just saw the yolk sac, no baby present but was there at 7 weeks, gud luck hun x

there is a small chance you would see it but it is pretty early still i had a scan at5+3 and only seen a sac so had to have an internal and seen yolk sac

xx

I had an ultrasound at 5w3d and all we saw was the yolk sac and a tiny gestational sac. One week later there was a strong heartbeat.

when i had a scan at 5w, dr shows the baby heartbeat, but he don't measure it... doc did the u/s because i was spotting... when he saw the HB, he said everything's fine... good luck to you...

Thanks everyone..I am just sitting watching the clock until 2 p.m. :) I will let you all know how it goes!

i had a dating scan at 5 weeks and 1 day, they saw a really really tiny heartbeat, so don't see why not (even though i was sure her dates were sligtly out, have to go back for another one, at about 8 weeks so in a few days) .. not sure hwy, think to get rough idea for dates
xxxx

Hi everyone! I am so sorry for the delay...I was off yesterday and couldn't remember my log in to log in at home! Friday we had our ultrasound...there was a gestational sak and yolk sak...no heatbeat yet. I measured at 4w6d which was 2 days off from my last period. So my Dr wasn't shocked that there wasn't a heartbeat yet..we go again Thrusday and hopefully since I will be 7 weeks He said there is a 70% chance of seeing heatbeat at 7 weeks and then 100% at 8 weeks. Since the ultrasound I started spotting again :( and having some crazy cramps..but haven't passed any clots...called the dr he said that it sounds like my ligaments are streching and my uterus is growing..he thinks it all sounds normal....so i am paying Thursday we see a heartbeat and my neves will be calmed down a little......

Good luck, at my 5 week scan i didnt see a heart beat so were going next week and i should be 7. Can't wait! :)

well i was dated yesterday at 5 weeks 5 days and there was a clear heart beat but i think they have dated me wrong well im 100% sure they dated me wrong. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->