Ultrasound pic! 6w6d. Is this normal?

Kdear95

Reaction score
I got my first ultrasound yesterday.
There's a cute little bean in there, but I feel like it's not as big as I've seen in some pictures?
My doctor told me it's exactly what he expects for how far along I am.. We saw a little wiggle that he said is most likely the heartbeat, but that the baby is turned too weird to get a good view. I feel like he would have told me if it didn't look like a healthy baby.. but I'm still freaking out.
Also, the fetal doppler registered a heartbeat, but wouldn't pick up long enough to really hear it. My doctor said it's too soon, but the doppler registered a heartbeat at 140bpm. Is that a fluke or a good sign? Sorry for the long unorganized post, it was a super stressful visit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 35
It looks about right Hun, some sonographers zoom right in to take the pics and some zoom out so every scan pic will look different but my early scan didn't look too far different from that & as for heartbeat that's pretty good :) try and relax!

Does not look much different than mine at 6w3d with DS, there wasn't much to see. We were able to see the heartbeat, but the angle was different.

Anything bigger would be zoomed as pp stated. Looks good to me lol not weird position or angle at all!

If the doctor said that all was good then I would trust him as he is trained to know. :)

ours was mega zoomed in on but was written on how big it was at 8.4mm which it definitely looked a lot bigger than that in print out lol

Mine was zoomed in a bit. Also 140bpm is awesome! Baby is soooo tiny right now. Just wait till 12 weeks and it'll look like a proper baby then.

Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!). But as others have said, the sonographer knows best :) and congrats on the heartbeat!!

It looks about right Hun, some sonographers zoom right in to take the pics and some zoom out so every scan pic will look different but my early scan didn't look too far different from that & as for heartbeat that's pretty good :) try and relax!

I agree just looks like they haven't zoomed in much, I'd tell you to stop worrying but you never ever stop worrying it's just part of motherhood! My baby farts the wrong way and I worry haha 😂 x

Looks pretty much the same as mine at 6w 5d scan this go around. My baby's heartbeat was 139 I believe it was (it's in my siggy) so perfectly fine. Try not to worry even though it's hard. Today you are pregnant.

I got another scan this Tuesday!
The baby is big now, but measuring just a couple of days behind.
The heartbeat was definite this time. <3
I feel a million times better now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 6
Good :) I'm glad it worked out and u are relieved by these results . I understand the worry BC every single day I'm worried about something new or old :/ here is my u/s at 6w and 6D. I was so worried that it was implanted low and come to find out its the sac that isn't supposed to implant low close to cervix lol I was feeaking out until ppl on here explained it to me BC just like everyone I came home that day and compared my u/s pics with there's and noticed the baby was at the bottom of sac and most of the ones i seen were at the top. But my baby had a cute little HB that day we seen it and that's all that matters :)

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_141655_675.jpg
    IMG_20141231_141655_675.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20150101_111239_620.jpg
    IMG_20150101_111239_620.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads