Ultrasound pic! Any guess at gender?

cbassler12

Reaction score
Picture attached. Looks like something between the legs and I know it is probably too early but the lady who did the ultrasound acted like it looked like a penis. Getting antsy thinking about it, any opinions? Ultrasound is 11w4d.

Scan.jpg

I would say it's to early to tell at this stage. They usually say 16 weeks is the earliest you can tell. Although I can see something in this pic that would indicate a boy but that could also be the cord. X

Picture attached. Looks like something between the legs and I know it is probably too early but the lady who did the ultrasound acted like it looked like a penis. Getting antsy thinking about it, any opinions? Ultrasound is 11w4d.

View attachment 920714

With my 12 week ultrasound we saw between the legs and I thought I was having a boy! But turns out I was wrong lol! There bits at that stage both look the same for boy or girl and form around 16 weeks. My best guess is by looking at what there heart rate is. Generally boys have slower heart rate than girls. Our daughters always sat around 150bpm

Unfortunately it's wait too early to tell. It's most likely a part of the umbilical cord. But I can see where it looks like it might be a boy!

View attachment 920714

With my 12 week ultrasound we saw between the legs and I thought I was having a boy! But turns out I was wrong lol! There bits at that stage both look the same for boy or girl and form around 16 weeks. My best guess is by looking at what there heart rate is. Generally boys have slower heart rate than girls. Our daughters always sat around 150bpm

Thanks for the post. Our little critter has a heart rate of 163 bpm, didn't know that it could possibly indicate gender.

Yeah still much to early at the moment, some techs will be able to tell from 14 weeks I think it just depends on their experience, I know everywhere around here goes from 16 weeks. If you have a scan between 12-14 weeks then you could always try the gender prediction forum if you manage to get a good nub shot.

Also as for heartbeat, I know some people do believe it to be an indicator but for me personally I wouldn't put to much weight into it, last pregnancy babies heartbeat was always 130-135 Bpm and my midwife said to me about the theory and how she thought it may indicate a little boy, having three girls already it did get my hopes up for a boy, she was though in fact a girl. :)

Could be the tail babies have. They lose that tail a tiny bit later in the next couple of weeks.

Here is an interesting video regarding gender: https://www.babycenter.com/2_inside-pregnancy-girl-or-boy_10313041.bc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->