Ultrasound question

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
Recently got my BFP and found out I'm 5 weeks 2 days pregnant (according to multiple calculators) I have an appointment on the 7th with a prenatal nurse, but won't have my first doctors appointment till August 11th. I was wondering if they do an ultrasound at the first doctors appointment?

At that time I'll be around 11 weeks pregnant. So I hope I can see the baby that day. If they do, will they do a standard ultrasound or a vaginal ultrasound?

Depends where you are and in the US I think it depends on your doctor? I'd say they probably would. But you could always phone them and ask? If they do an ultrasound, it'll almost certainly be an abdominal one at 11 weeks.

Depends where you are and in the US I think it depends on your doctor? I'd say they probably would. But you could always phone them and ask? If they do an ultrasound, it'll almost certainly be an abdominal one at 11 weeks.

Thank you, I have that appointment with a prenatal nurse on the 7th do I will ask her if knows, I'm sure she will know. I am so anxious to see what's going on inside and that everything is going ok.

I think they will try with abdominal first and if they can't see anything they will go with a transvaginal ultrasound. That's what they've done at my early appointments.

I think they will try with abdominal first and if they can't see anything they will go with a transvaginal ultrasound. That's what they've done at my early appointments.

Did they do one at your first appointment? My SO and I want to see so bad...especially him. He is reminding of a kid at Christmas time LOL.

It depends on your provider. The one I had with my first two boys only did one at 16 weeks, the one I had with my third son did one at my first appointment and then at 16 weeks. This one also did one at my first appointment.

Hey it's me again. Are you sure they won't scan you at your prenatal in 5 days? You'd be 6 weeks and while early scanning is a bit of a toss up of what you will see, I have had kaiser scan me between 5-6 weeks before during my high risk pregnancies aka all of them. I know you mentioned being on certain meds so they may scan you. Wouldn't hurt to ask. If they do, it'd be transvaginal.

Hey it's me again. Are you sure they won't scan you at your prenatal in 5 days? You'd be 6 weeks and while early scanning is a bit of a toss up of what you will see, I have had kaiser scan me between 5-6 weeks before during my high risk pregnancies aka all of them. I know you mentioned being on certain meds so they may scan you. Wouldn't hurt to ask. If they do, it'd be transvaginal.

I was just wondering that today. I'm not sure though if the prenatal nurse would do an ultrasound though. Did a prenatal nurse ever give you one?

Girl right now I am questioning if my HcG levels are normal. I had the blood work done and received on June 30th. One was 382 mIU/mL and the other (which was recorded 10 minutes later) was 384 mIU/mL. I am going off of what app calculators and website calculators predict my week/day I'm at. I have read some women being anywhere from 600-1300 mIL/mL at the same time, so now I'm questioning if my level is low for the projected date the apps and Internet give me.

I was just wondering that today. I'm not sure though if the prenatal nurse would do an ultrasound though. Did a prenatal nurse ever give you one?

Girl right now I am questioning if my HcG levels are normal. I had the blood work done and received on June 30th. One was 382 mIU/mL and the other (which was recorded 10 minutes later) was 384 mIU/mL. I am going off of what app calculators and website calculators predict my week/day I'm at. I have read some women being anywhere from 600-1300 mIL/mL at the same time, so now I'm questioning if my level is low for the projected date the apps and Internet give me.

Theres no perfect number, youre pregnant and enjoy it! If you want to be scanned _ASK, youre paying them !

Ignore those hcg charts. Hcg varies so drastically from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. Tbh I'm not sure what you mean by prenatal nurse. I have never had them specify prenatal nurse versus Doctor, but being an ultrasound tech is not hard to do. I had a nurse do my ER scan and I had to tell her I saw a second sac and I had to walk her through what was what lmfao.

Ignore those hcg charts. Hcg varies so drastically from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. Tbh I'm not sure what you mean by prenatal nurse. I have never had them specify prenatal nurse versus Doctor, but being an ultrasound tech is not hard to do. I had a nurse do my ER scan and I had to tell her I saw a second sac and I had to walk her through what was what lmfao.

Hahaha! That's a good one, I would have told her," Look just give me the thing and I'll do it myself" lol.

That's what the girl I made the appointment through told me. The one I see next week is a LVN and supposedly she's going to do more labs, go over my history and such. So I'm just as lost as you LOL.

I'm trying not to let the Hcg level get to me, but I keep thinking worst case Sanario (I've had to do that all through my life) so I keep thinking that nothing's there, despite what the blood tests say. I have had so many bad things happen in my life that I'm always skeptical of everything ( I know I need to stop that yesterday)

I've had early ultrasounds for almost all of my pregnancies. However, during two of the pregnancies, it was because my cycles were so irregular, they couldn't date my pregnancy by LMP and during this one, I had requested it because of my previous losses.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the standard around here is an ultrasound around 12 weeks and then another around 20 weeks. At 12 weeks, they should be able to do an abdominal ultrasound. I've never had one done at my first appointment, but I usually get to schedule one at that appointment.

I think it may depend on insurance too how many ultrasounds you get over the pregnancy. I had around six I wanna say for my daughter and that seemed a little excessive. With both my daughter and the new baby I had a scan at 6.5 weeks shortly after my first Dr appointment. I asked for the scan this time around and it was no problem. Last time it was ordered as I had low progesterone. But you may as well ask when you go, it may just be that easy. 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->