ULTRASOUND RESULTS IN EARLY PREGNANCY! help?

babydust1987

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I went for my first every ultrasound today thinking I was 6 weeks going by my LMP. But during the ultrasound,I had to have an internal scan as I was early. Anyway, they saw a gestational sac which was a small black sac with a white outer ring which she said is a good indication, however no fetus inside and was told I may actually be very early on.

I had a positive ultrasound on the 21 & 22nd of March and possibly ovulated 2 days after and had my very first positive pregnancy test at 11-12dpo. I am now about 19dpo which may put me around 3 weeks. There is no signs of concern with the sac and no fluid but I do have to go for a re scan in about 14 days which by then i will be about 4 weeks.

According to my sac, it is measuring at 4.0mm, is that consistant with a very very early pregnancy? I am just so worried that I wont see a baby in there in a few weeks. The waiting game has started for me and fingers crossed everything will be okay.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? Not forgetting they said both of my ovaries are enlarged with multiple cysts and the left ovary has a solid corpus luteum. I have no idea what that means.

:(

You are much too early to even see anything by ultrasound and they shouldve told you that it will be a while yet before you see baby. Most people dont see a baby until around 6-7 weeks. So really its pointless to have another ultrasound at 4 weeks as you still wont see anything but the sac. As for the solid corpus that is what happens during pregnancy and is normal :)

Heya thank you for the reply:) actually i decided to go to a private clinic to get a private scan just to see if everything was okay. I got to see the gestational sac which i was happy to see:) but you are are right i am way to early and that puts my kine at ease and hoping that by 3 weeks ill have a baby in there growing. Is the corpus leutuem a good sign for pregnancy? X

Did they take a blood HCG test?

Heya not yet i have just booked a midwife appointment and hopefully they will check my hcg levels :) but i did just take snother clearblue pg test and it says im 3+ where i took one before and said i was 1-2 weeks which is a good sign hormones increasing :()

I'm confused with this...if you are 19 dpo that would make you about 4+5weeks...and a 3+ on digital means you're at least 5weeks which is on track.
an ultrasound that early would only show a sac, possibly a pole. I'd calm down and enjoy this time until next ultrasound hun xx

I had a scan with my daughter and they couldn't see anything not even a sac went back 2 weeks later and there was baby at 6 weeks and 4 days then with my other daughter i had a scan at 5 weeks. 4 days and they could only see a sac went back at 8 weeks and there was baby x

We had a scan at 6 weeks but I was actually 4, all we saw was an empty sac and I was expecting the worse. However my bloods were still increasing the correct rate.
Two weeks later we went back and we saw a flutter of a heartbeat :)

At 5 weeks, I only saw a yolk sac, it wasn't until my scan 14 days later that we saw a heartbeat & the babies were measuring at 6wks, so one week behind what they should have been! Unfortunately, I lost one, but the surviving baby has caught up & then some! Early on, it's so difficult to see much, some people see a heartbeat at 6wks, some don't. I'm surprised you saw anything so early on! It looks good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->