Ultrasound scan to check fertility

pamg

Reaction score
I have a scan next week my doctor referred me for as we've be TTC for a while & my cycles have gone a bit strange.
Just wondered what to expect? On the letter it says they will first try external but may need to do it internally. They send the results to my doctor so I'm hoping I wont have to wait too long to find out.

I had one a few years ago. I had to go with a full bladder (which wasn’t the most fun). They did an external scan first then got me to empty my bladder and did an internal scan. They didn’t really tell me anything there. It was all fairly quick, not painful or anything. The worst part was having the full bladder! Wearing a skirt helps as then you can just take your underwear off if you need the internal scan rather than getting half undressed.
I had an appointment with a gynaecologist a few days later to go over the scan and blood test results.
Good luck, hope it goes well!

I just had one recently, same as Jelly said. You’ll go with a full bladder for the external, they’ll allow you to empty and then they’ll do the internal. I got my results within a couple days from my family doc :hugs: good luck!

I had one the end of may they just check my lining of the womb my tubes and everything to make sure they could see everything make sure my lining was nice size and that was about it really I didn’t get any answers from that scan now I am under a gyno to get a dye testing done to see if my tubes are blocked at all also needed to do a sti test and my husband needed to do a sperm test xx

I've just had my ultrasound. They could see everything clear enough doing the scan externally & said everything was fine & my results will go to my doctor next week.
I feel relieved about that but still concerned about my short luteal phase that I will need to discuss with my doctor next week. My husband has also been tested this week so should have his results soon too.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->