Ultrasound while spotting?

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
So for the last week and a half I have been mildly spotting. No red blood. No cramping.
I have my first ultrasound on Monday. Unfortunately, my OB won't be doing it. I have to go somewhere else.
Should I be embarrassed that I'm spotting? (US will be transvaginal.) There's more or less some days.. but I guess I'd rather find out why I'm spotting if possible. Anyone else have this issue before?

The person doing the ultrasound will have seen it all before. I had internal scans when I went in to get checked because I had bleeding. It is just part of their job so they will be used to it.

I hope everything looks good on the scan for you and you find out what is causing the spotting :)

I had a transvaginal while bleeding. My OB asked me to undress down below but keep the pad under me. I thought it was gross, but, like above poster said, they've seen it all and probably don't give it a second thought. Good luck and hope everything goes well.

Thanks girls! I just hate not being all cleanly when going to the doctor for things like this. LoL. I would never book exams during AF either! Haha. I guess I just have to suck it up and go. I feel like I'll have to apologize in advance when I meet the US tech. Silly, I know.

Just tell them you are spotting. They will put a chuck under you and it will be fine. For my fertility scans I had to have ultrasounds on cycle day 2 or 3 of my period. Wayyyyy more than spotting. They've seen it all. And as an RN I can assure you they won't give it a second thought. So many of my patients are embarrassed. But bodily functions are normal to me. I don't think twice about it. Hope your scan goes well!!

Oh I will tell them I'm spotting. And I'm sure they've seen it all. Still just makes ME feel weird. :) Although, the spotting has gotten much lighter now.

yeah its fine dont worry, i had to have transvaginal when i was bleeding with my miscarriage last year, they are used to it all.

Spotting is quite normal in pregnancy, i had it this time round and had a scan for re-assurance and all was well x

At epu here they do early scans mainly for that reason, not as standard. I was bleeding for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->