Um... four days of positives? :/

jessthemess

Reaction score
This is my first cycle usin OPKs so I started testing super early, CD14, and don't plan to stop for awhile. I got a near positive on CD23 and positives on CD24 and CD25, I figured that was the end of it but then with FMU I got another positive this morning, its CD26.

I wasn't supposed to O till the 28th, CD30, and I think I will just keep BDing until I stop getting positives. I don't know how else to be safe about catching the egg if there is one. :(

Is it common to have so many days of positive OPK?

image.jpg

Yes - it is common - this is why once you get your first positive you shouldnt test further. xxx

^^yep! Save them :D

Also, you aren't supposed to use FMU on OPKs. :)

I read FMU won't have enough concentrated LH to show positive on a OPK and that's why you aren't supposed to use it.

So if I'm getting a positive with FMU the LH must be really really there to show positive?

I don't think it hurts anything as long as you don't always use FMU because then if its never highly concentrated you might never see a positive, right?

Yes - it is common - this is why once you get your first positive you shouldnt test further. xxx

But what about all of the people who get two LH surges because of stress, etc, and then get two positive OPKs at different times of the month? I just worry I will trust the first one is it and BD a lot but then it won't be and I will miss it if there's a random second one. :/ Plus this is my first cycle taking OPKs so I didn't know what to expect.

Ugh too many rules :(

Also, you aren't supposed to use FMU on OPKs. :)

I read FMU won't have enough concentrated LH to show positive on a OPK and that's why you aren't supposed to use it.

So if I'm getting a positive with FMU the LH must be really really there to show positive?

I don't think it hurts anything as long as you don't always use FMU because then if its never highly concentrated you might never see a positive, right?

I was misremembering why you shouldn't use FMU, lol. You are correct!

Sometimes our bodies just have trouble ovulating, so the surge lasts longer. As per the POAS OPK page:

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet :p)

I love that site. :haha:

Also! Thank you, good to know its common. I was so excited to get a pos OPK because my cycles have been wonky for a long time, I was afraid things weren't working right and I might not get an LH surge or ovulate or have temp spikes, etc. Guess that's why the multiple pos OPKs are freaking me out.

Ah Ginger Panda! You rock! Thank you! That's good info, okay I will keep BDing. Easy! Thanks! :) I feel better.

You're welcome! :thumbup:

Here's a link to the whole page: POAS ~ OPK FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"