Um. Rear end issues...

bumphope

Reaction score
I think I have an anal fissure :-(

Thought it might be a haemorrhoid but having searched online, my symptoms seem more constant with a fissure. Serious stinging agony when I go for a number two - a squeak of pain and holding the wall behind the loo for support every time I go. It feels like giving birth to my baby's head again!

Does anyone have any experience? Do I need to go and flash my rear to the doctor (how embarrassing) or will it sort itself out? I assume it is related to childbirth?!!

X

Given your baby is almost 6 weeks old I would go to the doctor to get it checked out. I know it is embarrassing (and yes I have had to do it!) but you are in a lot of pain and getting that fixed would be worth it!

Yeah :-( May have to go in with a bag over my head..........

So painful though.

X

I know it's horrible going to the doc, but if it is an anal fissure then you need it seen to ASAP. They can become very very painful. I don't want to frighten you with this, but my sister needed 8 operations for hers as she's put off going to the doctor. They don't heal on their own, they just worsen over time. It may not be that, but it is best to get checked out. Ask for a female GP if that makes it any easier xxx

I know it's horrible going to the doc, but if it is an anal fissure then you need it seen to ASAP. They can become very very painful. I don't want to frighten you with this, but my sister needed 8 operations for hers as she's put off going to the doctor. They don't heal on their own, they just worsen over time. It may not be that, but it is best to get checked out. Ask for a female GP if that makes it any easier xxx

Sorry about your sister's experience, but that is just not true, the majority of anal fissures do heal on their own!!! My GP told me they are very common after childbirth.

OP, I totally sympathize. I have had fissures after having both of my kids. It's certainly not likely you will need an operation or anything scary like that. It may take a while for it to heal though. Stool softener helps, as you want everything to be really soft when it comes out. Drinking lots of water is important, and having a shallow, warm bath twice a day helps too because you need the muscles down there to RELAX to increase blood flow so you can heal.

My first fissure took 8 months to really go away because it would heal then reopen then heal and reopen... But it did eventually go away for good. Until I had my second child - I have another fissure now but am over the worst of it. It's on its way out (I am 6 months pp so I guess it's taken a long time too!).

Thanks ladybee. I'm not constipated at all, it's just painful when I do go, no matter how often or how soft things are. Ouch! I've been using anusol which has really helped (who named that product?!!).

Did go to the gp yesterday who said it was probably a hemorrhoid and just to keep using the cream indefinitely until it got better. He didn't want to look, and he said if they do hang around for a very long time (he didn't specify) then they can be injected or removed. Yuck. I hope they go on their own accord!!!!

X

Urgh. I totally sympathise. I've been suffering with 2 anal fissures for 7 months now. Taking laxido (stool softener) every other day keeps them under control but if I do a normal BM they re-open. Glad to hear from a pp that their chronic AF eventually resolved. Fingers crossed :cry:

I've suffered from both fissures and hemorrhoids, the latter I'm finally going to the docs about after suffering for the past year. Been putting it off through embarrassment and hoping it would eventually go away by itself. Most of the time it's not the pain but how plain awkward it is.

I'm not really sure which is worse at times, but the times I have had fissures they did go away by themselves as long as I was regular and used baby wipes (very soothing) within about a month. It's going between loose to constipation that makes those horrible things last longer. Which does make it hard as the thought of the pain that comes with it can help cause constipation in the first place.

Mine actually made a miraculous disappearance a couple of weeks ago, I really didn't expect it! I feel 90% now, still sometimes feel a bit of the pain but nothing compared to before. Very relieved... I don't know how you guys have coped for so long!

Missbabes, good luck with the doc. I hope you get a solution soon and feel better :)

X

Mine actually made a miraculous disappearance a couple of weeks ago, I really didn't expect it! I feel 90% now, still sometimes feel a bit of the pain but nothing compared to before. Very relieved... I don't know how you guys have coped for so long!

Missbabes, good luck with the doc. I hope you get a solution soon and feel better :)

X

Same here, I get pain every now and then now but I had to really watch what I eat for a while to make sure I didn't get even so much of a hint of constipation! I found cereal really good, lots of fibre. They take a while but they can heal on their own. Try to relax as much as possible when going OP, not easy I know. And try to eat as much fibre as possible, shredded wheat worked for me! Xx

I'm so glad to read this (in a non creepy way!). I've had this since shortly after giving birth, sometimes with lots of bleeding. Things are a lot better now, unless I don't drink enough water. I blame the iron tablets. (I stopped taking them).

Does anyone know what causes them? I thought maybe the scar tissue meant things couldn't stretch as they needed.

I feel like it's another little tear from the birth - lots of pushing?

Mine has totally 100% cleared up now though. Phew!! Hope you're back to normal soon.

Good job these babies are cute isn't it!!!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->