Umbilical Cord

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Hannah's umbilical cord fell off a couple of days ago. Today I noticed a bit of blood in her belly button, no puss or any yellowish discharge just a bit of blood. Is this normal? Should we clean it out?

jack had a little blooda few days after his fell offmy mw said to clean it and if he got loads of blood tolet her know xx

Hey hun this is totally normanl...same happened to me with my LO. i panicked, couldnt get hold of my midwife so i called NHS direct. As long as if there is no discharge and no puss coming out it is absolutly fine...just contact you mw if any serious concerns...x

when my sons fell off there was a little bit of dry blood in there, but not fresh blood

It still takes a few days for it to heal after it falls off. You should just keep cleaning it. And like they said if it pusses, etc then call your MW

Yep Seth had the same and I panicked too.

xxx

Same happened when finnleys fell off last year , It bleed for quiet a few days lightly .
I asked Health visitor , Who just advised me to keep wiping with cooled boiled water . And try keep loose clothes around it , It soon healed nicely . x .

Yup, same here... completely normal. I know because I freaked out and called the emergency room right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->