Umm gross but a need to know

proudparent88

Reaction score
So I want a home birth I may not be able to get a douala or midwife in my area to do it but if not I am willing to do it on my own it's my third baby and I have had natural births each time. I remember them all like yesterday. Thing is if I do this what do I do with the afterbirth if I get my home birth? I need more information and don't know where to go or how to find anything reliable. All help is appreciated! Thanks!

If you don't want to keep it for encapsulation, I hear that burying it in the backyard is a great way to deal with it :)

Mine all got wrapped up in a disposable bed protector and put in a rubbish bag and in the bin. It only occurred to me after that it might not be legal. I might have buried it but I was afraid the dogs would dig it up, lol. Some people freeze it and eat it but no way I was doing that!

Yea the eating it thing is gross to me too. And I am not sure I would be allowed to bury it because I rent my property i don't own it.

if u bury it, it's gonna fall apart and decay quickly (unless u have a plastic placenta!!!), just like any other organic matter so i'd just skip telling that detail to the landlord!

Do you mean give birth with just you there? Don't you need a medical person present? X

I would try looking up a 'free birth' group in your area or country... It can be difficult to get documentation, like the birth certificate when there is no one else attending. As for the placenta, yes keeping it and burying it is probably best, if its to go in the trash, I would try to get a biohazard bag or bucket or at least have it labeled as such... Good luck! Also, as a nurse, make sure you know a little bit of the signs of complications and how to manage delivering the placenta as a poor third stage can put you at risk for excessive bleeding. I don't mean to scare you but if you're planning to do this yourself it's better to be educated on how to handle an emergency or at least know when to call.

Burying it with some kind of tree or something over it might be a nice way to dispose of/make use of it. :) Good luck with your birth!

So I want a home birth I may not be able to get a douala or midwife in my area to do it but if not I am willing to do it on my own it's my third baby and I have had natural births each time. I remember them all like yesterday. Thing is if I do this what do I do with the afterbirth if I get my home birth? I need more information and don't know where to go or how to find anything reliable. All help is appreciated! Thanks!

You can bury it. Is there a certain place in nature that is special to you? We buried my placenta near a tree that is special to my husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->