ummm... sharp like pokey pain?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've never felt this before and not sure if i should be alarmed. I got to work and now am feeling this odd sharp like pokey pain on my lower right. ..it doesn't hurt per say and it's not radiating anywhere else.
Any ideas?

Your uterus is doing all kinds of crazy things in the first trimester. You are probably experiencing some cramps/discomfort from your uterus stretching. :)

I get this every now and again. I second the above, probably stretching!

Congratulations Mn! I'm so happy for you! :) I would agree with the others. I still have growing pain cramps at 29 weeks. If it makes you worry I would suggest calling your ob.

I have a few sharp pokey pains every now n then - I think it's just us stretching :)

I get the same sharp pain on my left but i keep getting told its the uterus and body stretching so i'm going with that

If it is on one side it may very well be the ovary that ovulated, once you get pregnant your ovary grows a corpus luteum cyst that produces hormones to maintain your pregnancy. These cysts can grow up to 5cm or so in diameter, so discomfort from them would be quite understandable. They do disappear in the second trimester.

I've always had it to the left, maybe thats the side my good eggs come from!? :dohh:

I get the same thing 2 the left side of my abdomen. it isn't painful just makes me worry as does everything else lOl ahh first time mom worries. but the pinching/cramping only lasts 4 a minute or 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->