Unassisted FET?

KatiNK

Reaction score
I realize this is not a widely practiced thing but I was wondering if anyone has any information on doing a frozen embryo transfer that is completely unassisted? Meaning, no meds, no monitoring. I would like to just give them a window of when I am fertile and then do the FET. Our reason for doing IVF in the first place was due to male factor infertility, and there were no issues with me. I would like to give it a shot with my embryos but not spend a ton of money that could be dedicated to my current children. I hope that makes sense! I am waiting for my RE to call me back, so I was looking for opinions in the mean time. Thanks!

Hey,

we did an unassisted FET with no meds or monitoring. It was a case of taking ovulation tests from CD10 and then once I had a positive I had to call the hospital and the transfer was arranged.

Sadly it didn't work out for us but there's proof out there that it works in a lot of cases and I think it you can do a FET without meds then to go for it, at least that way your body will be in its natural state when the embryo lands.

x

Thank you for responding. I am so sorry it didn't work out for you. How many did you transfer? We have two that are supposed to be okay quality. I think we would do both.

We did natural fet with our son. I did opks starting day 10 and when positive they confirmed ovulation with ultrasound. My re did do a "trigger" to be sure ovulation occurred and the hcg helps boost progesterone. Otherwise no meds and we transferred 6 days after positive opk and it worked!

They were our 2 so good quality not great. One had been previously thawed and refrozen and we transferred those last 2.

Oh as far as cost my re charges the exact same for natural fet as for medicated. Most of the money is for the lab to thaw and for the dr to do the transfer.

Congrats! That is awesome, I am happy for you!

In my case, I don't really want any of that (u/s, trigger, etc). I don't know if my RE will do it.

I didn't want a trigger either but for their natural FETs they wanted to be sure. It's hard to get re to do it because they want you to be on their schedule so they perfer to do medicated. Imo they should let the natural fet be first choice if the woman has no issues. We pay enough for them to be available so they should do it how the patient wants. But you'll need an ultrasound at least because they won't transfer unless lining is 8-9mm most of the time. They may not do this if you've proven in the past your lining is fine after ovulation with no meds.

I was thinking they would probably make me trigger because I know they only do transfers at certain times :/

I took a trigger after ovulation was confirmed so the trigger didn't make me ovulate. It was more for assurance and to help progesterone. But if they only do transfers at certain times they may not let you do natural Fet. I hope so; it was so super easy!!

Most RE's are not going to want to do a transfer without at least checking that the uterine lining is thick enough for implantation to happen. I certainly would not want to transfer without a lining check. non medicated (natural FET) is okay though. best of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->