Unassisted (Free) Birth

As much as you can be prepared what if its you that has the issue? You cant give yourself CPR.

I think there's possibly a lot of legality matters, and maybe a debate on the human rights of the child getting the best healthy start. I agree that it is a bit too risky.

As you can see here, a woman has an ocean birth. At first I watched it and was like "Wow, so natural, look how the baby intuitively swims. And then my critical side creeped in "Good god, it could bang it's head on those rocks/I know the high salt in the water would kill most infection, but that's quite a risk to take"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoc7dFvXkk&feature=player_embedded

I myself have not had children yet, but have worked as a doula and done work experience as a midwife and starting my midwifery course in 2 years once I've managed to save a bit more money - so I am unaware of how you feel mentally during labour, but I think going this far is perhaps too risky for mother and child?

saltwater is great for wounds and doesn't cause infection? many people in other countries go into the sea to give birth alone

Wouldnt the salt water sting the babies eyes? I would have liked to see that guy have a better grip of the baby tbh. It was just flailing around in the water on its own mostly!

thats a good point flubdub havent thought about that, although in warmer countries etc lots of women go into the sea to give birth so i guess it must be ok

As much as you can be prepared what if its you that has the issue? You cant give yourself CPR.

well most people that do it have the support of friends and family, at least one other person with them.

those who don't and decide to do it totally alone usually are the same people that have refused all medical care such as blood tests or scans etc. Some of these people have the thought that they want nature to let it run its course. if its meant to be its meant to be etc. I'm not saying I agree with this, just pointing out that if someone has this mentality they are not going to worry about someone doing cpr

I think there's possibly a lot of legality matters, and maybe a debate on the human rights of the child getting the best healthy start. I agree that it is a bit too risky.

As you can see here, a woman has an ocean birth. At first I watched it and was like "Wow, so natural, look how the baby intuitively swims. And then my critical side creeped in "Good god, it could bang it's head on those rocks/I know the high salt in the water would kill most infection, but that's quite a risk to take"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoc7dFvXkk&feature=player_embedded

I myself have not had children yet, but have worked as a doula and done work experience as a midwife and starting my midwifery course in 2 years once I've managed to save a bit more money - so I am unaware of how you feel mentally during labour, but I think going this far is perhaps too risky for mother and child?

saltwater is great for wounds and doesn't cause infection? many people in other countries go into the sea to give birth alone

Wouldnt the salt water sting the babies eyes? I would have liked to see that guy have a better grip of the baby tbh. It was just flailing around in the water on its own mostly!

It seems to me salt water would sting less than plain water! If you use contacts, you put saline in your eyes when you put in your contacts, and I can't feel it, other than its wet. But plain water in my eyes burns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->