unassisted home water birth story

kelly342000

Reaction score
just a quick story really as birth was very quick! couldn't sleep monday night but didn't really think much of it, no signs that baby was thinking of coming. had usual braxton hicks nothing much different so gave up trying to sleep around 12am to watch bit of tele on sofa. around 1am contractions suddenly started out of nowhere coming thick and fast! just about managed to get upstairs between 2 to wake OH. by time he was up and ringing mw and doula they were 3 mins apart and lasting a minute! he quickly set about filling pool and it was just about full enough just in time for me to crawl in before was wanting to push. after being in pool couple of mins baby was on his way out! starting having a bit of a wobble at this point, as was still no mw or doula present and as was worried would be a cord round neck or baby would get stuck like last baby, but couple of pushes and head was out followed by rest of baby with the next contraction! within about 5 mins of his birth mw and doula and paramedics arrived. Caelan was born approx 2 20am weighing 8lb 5oz after a labour of about hr and a half. very pleased managed to use pool this time, albeit very briefly, and that managed to have completely drug free labour and natural 3rd stage. :happydance:

Wow good job! That's so cool. A lot of women would have freaked out at having to do it without the mw there. Congrats!! :)

Fantastic! What a story to be proud of :)

Wow! Great Job! What a story to tell your little Caelan. Congrats!

Oh wow! you did such a good job.. Sounds like a perfect birth in a way.. :flower:

Sounds like my ideal birth! Congratulations!

congratulations hun you did fabulous so lucky hope mine goes as quickly as that xx

That sounds so amazing!!! What a great birth story. Definitely one to remember.

Wow amazing story and congratulations. Xx

flipping heck!!!! go you!! Well done!! That amazing, you must be so pleased xx

amazing story. hope mine is quick maybe not so quick as your lol x

Oh wow!!! well done you!! and congratulations!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe