Uncertain when I ovulated

velo

Reaction score
OK this has been a strange cycle this month. My cycles are usually 26-29 days, and the last two OV day has been 14 and 16. I had been using ov sticks previously but was not planning to start testing until day 10. On day 9 I go holy crap, my temp has gone up, and believed I ovulated.

Other evidence, in retrospect: I had tender boobs (which I don't remember ever having in my first half of my cycle before), I noticed I felt unusually wet (hmm why am I wet so soon?), and I had a really bad mood swing day which I often get at ovulation.

We had been abstaining a few days for DH's SA which happened Friday afternoon, we DTD twice Saturday (not thinking it was BD time at all, otherwise I know its too frequent), and ov day "maybe" was Sunday.

Enter the glitch: around day 16 my temp spiked again, and FF changed my OV day to day 16. This timing had its own set of evidence: increased libido, ovary twinges. But then when I enter watery mucus on day 8 (the day I remember feeling quite wet) FF changes it back to day 9.

So I'm really unsure at this point if ov day 9 or 16. Since we DTD on both the 8 and 15 I should still be "in" either way. But if it was day 9, then I'm thinking triphasic chart and really good chances. But I don't want to get my hopes up.

I won't test until one day past my normal LP length assuming day 9 ov, and that I don't get AF first. But I am getting tired of negative HPTs, they really get me down. I just don't think I can wait it out until day 29/30 if I ovulated on the later date.

So wondering if anyone has any opinions on ov day, my chart link is in the banner below. Thanks! BTW I have had a low level cold for a few weeks which might(?) explain the temp spikes if I was still in the follicular phase. But the wetness and lack of noticing wetness the second time still leads me to think the 9th.

Hi Velo-
How are you doing?? :hugs::hugs: I read your post and I'm not sure about your ov date. I don't have much experience with temps yet. It does sound like you bd on the right days though.:happydance:
I'm using the cbfm and just keep getting 'high' but no 'peak' I even used a couple of IC ovulation sticks. I got 2 lines on both, the IC and cbfm, so not sure when or if I ov'd. Today have stopped getting the 2 lines. So confusing. Dh and I tried to bd every other day.

hmmm thats a difficult one, but at least you BD'd both times so are covered.
Im inclined to think you ovulated on the 16th. the temps before the 9th have the hollow circles...did you take them at funny times? Im just wondering if these temps kinda messed up FF, if they were supposed to be higher then the chart looks more normal. I think you O'd on the 16th because of the clear shift in high temps after. When you say its the 9th theres quite a few under the coverline so just looks a bit odd to me. Have you ever ovulated that early before? if you did ovulate the 9th then you are right the chart is looking great.

last month I had watery cm in my LP and entered it in and it messed up my chart so I took it out as I had clearly ovulated already. FF seems to really take the cm seriously, but I find I get watery and creamy in my LP.

someone else I talk to on here thinks she ovulated earlier than expected, this is the reason I ALWAYS use the ov sticks.

I cant wait to see how this plays out, can you come update on this thread (hard to know where to get updates from people sometimes)
:dust:

also forgot to mention about the tests...Ive tried being a poas addict and I hate the feeling of seeing a negative so only do one per cycle and thats it, and thinking I wont even bother this next month. last month was my first month temping and my temps warned me that AF was coming and I much preferred that kind of let down then looking at a blank test.

Hi LMD, I'm doing okay, a bit down because I did crack and tested because I was feeling frustrated and of course the :bfn: only made things worse!

With the IC ovulation sticks it is important that the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. A faint line is a negative (different from preg test where a line is a line!) Sometimes I find it hard to tell whether its a positive or not. More expensive ov sticks give you a smiley face for yes so its less ambiguous!

Temping is pretty much the only way you can confirm if you ovulated, but sometimes its clear, and sometimes its ambiguous as in my case :) Correlating temps with cervical mucus gives a better picture.

The ov sticks will tell you if you are about to ovulate but sometimes our bodies gear up for it, and then don't... and there may be another time during the month when you would get a + again and it would succeed.

Im inclined to think you ovulated on the 16th. the temps before the 9th have the hollow circles...did you take them at funny times? Im just wondering if these temps kinda messed up FF, if they were supposed to be higher then the chart looks more normal. I think you O'd on the 16th because of the clear shift in high temps after. When you say its the 9th theres quite a few under the coverline so just looks a bit odd to me. Have you ever ovulated that early before? if you did ovulate the 9th then you are right the chart is looking great.

last month I had watery cm in my LP and entered it in and it messed up my chart so I took it out as I had clearly ovulated already. FF seems to really take the cm seriously, but I find I get watery and creamy in my LP.

someone else I talk to on here thinks she ovulated earlier than expected, this is the reason I ALWAYS use the ov sticks.

I cant wait to see how this plays out, can you come update on this thread (hard to know where to get updates from people sometimes)
What day do you start using the sticks? I was planning to start on CD10 since my cycles were 26-29 in the past 8 months. Then I didn't bother when I figured I had already ov'ed on the 9th!

I have had the odd cycle years ago (before BC) that was 21 days so that would be consistent with an early ov but I don't know if those were anovulatory or not... I was feeling particularly stressed around CD8 working on my taxes, and I hear that stress can make you ovulate late OR EARLY...

You're right the chart looks more normal if the 16th is the day but I guess I have to wait until the end of this cycle to see how it plays out. Oh yeah the hollow circles are from different times, I have some variability in when I wake up. But if I think of waking later = higher temps, then there really isn't a correlation between ones that seem high or low and waking time (as some of them are opposite)

Yeah the CM does really change things with FF. I had been planning to "check" more officially when I started the sticks (as in CD10). But the odd thing is I remember being wet around cd8 and had nothing that I noticed remembering watery the week after...

What day do you start using the sticks? I was planning to start on CD10 since my cycles were 26-29 in the past 8 months. Then I didn't bother when I figured I had already ov'ed on the 9th!

I have had the odd cycle years ago (before BC) that was 21 days so that would be consistent with an early ov but I don't know if those were anovulatory or not... I was feeling particularly stressed around CD8 working on my taxes, and I hear that stress can make you ovulate late OR EARLY...

You're right the chart looks more normal if the 16th is the day but I guess I have to wait until the end of this cycle to see how it plays out. Oh yeah the hollow circles are from different times, I have some variability in when I wake up. But if I think of waking later = higher temps, then there really isn't a correlation between ones that seem high or low and waking time (as some of them are opposite)

Yeah the CM does really change things with FF. I had been planning to "check" more officially when I started the sticks (as in CD10). But the odd thing is I remember being wet around cd8 and had nothing that I noticed remembering watery the week after...

I dont tend to check my cm much, however I do notice when I feel extra 'wet' so it could be that you ovulated early then if you really remember the wetness. Usually I ovulate around CD16/17 then I had some months where I didnt get a smiley face at all and was getting annoyed but I think I was starting them too late....so then I started using them earlier (about CD10) and I found that I ovulated around CD13 a couple of months. Funnily enough the first month that happened I had mentioned to my husband how 'wet' I felt that morning but ovulation wasnt due for many days and bam I get my smiley face that night. so now I use them from around CD10, I was thinking it was going to be expensive as here in Canada the smiley face sticks have only 7 in a pack for $60 but I found in the UK they have 20 in the box for the same price so I order them online and have them shipped :thumbup:

Ive heard of lots of people getting their BFPs from wonky cycles so Im hoping this is a wonky early ovulation for you that will end up in a bfp!

Hi have a question for u guys ,once I get the smiley face how long is it usually till o ,and how often shud I bd?:hugs:

Hi have a question for u guys ,once I get the smiley face how long is it usually till o ,and how often shud I bd?:hugs:

good question!
the sperm meets egg plan says to BD the night of the smiley face plus next 2 nights, skip one then one more night. they also have you BDing every other night from CD10 I think it is.
on the ovulation test box it says that you can ovulate from 12-36 hours after the surge, my FS said its usually 24 hours.
however my last month I was temping, and I got my rise in temp that confirms ovulation the day after my surge, so that means I ovulated the day I got my smiley face...perhaps at the end of the day so 12-24 hours after it started.
the ovulation tests are great as they tell you before you are ovulating which is when they say you have the best chance, only thing is like me you could have a short surge-ovulation time. so I say the best scenerio is to start bding every other night from CD8 as then you are sure to have sperm up there even if you get a short surge-ovulation time.

Thanks Sarah that's really helpful,my tummy is sore today and I have loads of cm but the cbfm was low early this morning so am anxious,was meant to go get some opks this morning but a friend needed me and I haven't got them yet,but I will at some point today.am worried the cbfm will go from low to peak tomorrow ,but on the plus side I bd this morning and used cups so hopefully it will be ok,:hugs::hugs:

Usually within 24-48 hours. My instructions say to wait a day before BD, but I'd rather do it same day and next day just in case, as you don't know if you are getting the beginning or tail end of the surge (unless you are testing multiple times per day :) )

Keep on BD (daily if you can) until you have definitely confirmed ovulation (three days of higher temps)

If you know your partner has subfertile sperm, you might want to do every other day instead, so abstain a day or two before you think you might ovulate, then when you get your smiley wait 12-24 hours. And then again 48 hours later.

I'd also say if you notice you have good EWCM then go then regardless if you have your happy face yet.

Hi velo and thank u so much,u guys are so knowledgeable,I have been trying for five years and I really don't have a clue,really must start reading up more and I def need to start temping,thanks again :):)xxxxxx

hey velo
so has your chart told you anything else? if you did ovulate early then you are 14dpo and so should know soon right? lots of :dust: to you

hey velo
so has your chart told you anything else? if you did ovulate early then you are 14dpo and so should know soon right? lots of :dust: to you

Thanks for the baby dust! Well I am 15 dpo today from the first suspected ovulation date, and I tested and was :bfn:. So I am assuming I ovulated on the later date, one week later, which gives me one more week to go. Argh for 2WW becoming 3WW! Temps are still high which is good. I removed the watery mucus at CD8 from FF so it would automatically change my ov date to the later one.

hey velo

Thanks for the baby dust! Well I am 15 dpo today from the first suspected ovulation date, and I tested and was :bfn:. So I am assuming I ovulated on the later date, one week later, which gives me one more week to go. Argh for 2WW becoming 3WW! Temps are still high which is good. I removed the watery mucus at CD8 from FF so it would automatically change my ov date to the later one.

yep that looks good, dont worry, you still have an excellent chance! :flower:

Velo sorry I am late to the party sort of speak but looking at your chart (that now has cross hairs) I do believe it was on the16th day...also if you can start recording your CM every day, that does help lots. BTW I like how your temp is still going up...YEY!!

your temps are looking good velo, how are you feeling? good luck for this cycle, would be sooooo happy if you got your bfp!

I am trying not to analyze symptoms before I miss my period :) I was feeling somewhat nauseous a couple of days ago but it may have been psychosomatic. Other than that, sore boobs seem to come and go, but that seems to happen for me premenstrually anyway. Mild cramps coming and going and hoping they are the LO burrowing into the lining rather than the evil :witch:.

Oh I now have a date for my referral so that means I should get a bfp before that right? :) Its August 3 but they said they would put me on the cancellation list. I noticed on call display the clinic called this morning before I got up but did not leave a message and now I'm going well maybe I could have gone in today! At any rate I'm crossing my fingers I won't need it!

Sending :dust: to you for a good ovulation coming up soon!

yeah I dont symptom spot at all now, as Ive had everything and not been pregnant! thats good you have your referral so you have a plan...IF it doesnt happen naturally. Im going to start clomid in Sept if nothing happens, it makes me feel better to have a plan and I want to enjoy my summer not stressing about TTCing :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->