Uncomfortable Situation - Gender disappointment

I don't mean to come off as harsh but you have made this thread before and have received the same type of responses lol. You are right, you are not the one with the problem. She is. Don't avoid her obviously but nothing you can say will make her feel better right now ya know? telling her how cute her sons will be and stuff as nice as you are trying to be, will probably just annoy her. What I mean is try not to dwell on it or her attitude. It has nothing to do with you. She is just jealous and going through things. Might be a while but if she wants to talk to you about it, she will.

I understand what you're saying. I just feel like there is no right thing for me to say to her. I definitely won't try to convince her or tell her how great having another boy will be, I do see where that wouldn't be helpful even though that wasn't my intent.

I made a thread about when I found we were having a girl because she was really quite nasty about it. And I made this thread because now she just found out it's a boy, which just made the original situation that much worse. None of the responses have upset me. I think people have offered good insight actually. The whole "get over it" comment just threw me, that's all. Hopefully in time this will be better. I just feel like im between a rock and a hard place I guess and I HATE uncomfortable situations. But this too shall pass I suppose.

Ah sorry for my comment hun I can see why it came off a bit harsh. I know you want to help and that's really sweet. If she makes nasty comments then do say something back. Her having GD doesn't mean she should get away with making you feel like shit. Hopefully she will be more civil.

Ah sorry for my comment hun I can see why it came off a bit harsh. I know you want to help and that's really sweet. If she makes nasty comments then do say something back. Her having GD doesn't mean she should get away with making you feel like shit. Hopefully she will be more civil.

No worries :) I think it's just my nature to try to "fix" problems instantly. And this one I really can't. I need to let her be and have her feelings.

She needs to grow up. I'd personally distance myself from her.

Many couples can't have children and she's being immature.

I disagree completely! Gender disappointment is a real thing.. Many women get it as do dads to be I expect, I'm sure most pregnant women that do have it may feel guilty enough as it is without being told they are immature.

To the original poster I'm sure when your lo is here she'll be overjoyed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->