Uncommon boys names help

mordygordy

Reaction score
I am having my 3rd son in October and I can't find a name I love. I named my 2nd son something that I have regretted ever since and I don't want that to happen again. I want a name that is uncommon but not totally out there. Every name I have came up with I find a problem with it. These are the names on my list so far:
- Emerson (used as a girls name so much now :growlmad:)
- Alexei (LOVE this but one of my sons, my daughter and my name all start with an A so should probably stay away from another A name)
- Xavian (When I found this I thought it was the one now I am not sure, plus my sons middle name is Xavier but I don't use it so I figure its ok just not in love with the name)
- Evander (So many have said it sounds like a girls name)
- Rhys (Like this but don't like that it doesn't have nickname)

So name suggestions like this please, I live in Australia and don't want to use anything popular.

Bentley, jett, jazavier, dakoda, chayse, Jordan (hubby and I love this) Tyson, Tyler, Tallan, Axel, rococo, Declan, Dominic, derice( der-Reece ),, Oliver, kayden, Keenan, Kobe, zeeke, I also live in Australia

Ooh, I like Xavian! :)

It is so hard isn't it! I am so worried too about choosing a name and then regretting it in a few years! So I'm thinking although it'd be nice to have an unusual name I don't want to go too unusual for fear of them hating it themselves!

All of your names don't sound too unusual and Rhys is very common here in Wales.

Have you tried googling alternative names?

Darryl
Dexter
Deacon
Brent
Ellis
Milo
Jasper
Morgan
Reuben
Samson
Rodney
Stanley

I love Xavian.. we have decided on Zane Lennox but I was in Love with Phoenix but OH Said No so that was that haha. Rhys is very common in the UK. I know an Emerson and Ive never hear of Alexei. How would that be pronounced? love that you are choosing somehing unusual and unique. My partners name is Zunaid and I love it never heard of it before x

Leander (similar to Evander)
Edison
Lawrence
Kilian
Milo
Lennon
Dorian
Tristan
Cole

Just out of interest, what's the name you regret and why? Is it too common or too out there?

What about going Shakespearean?

Lysander
Demetrius

Horatio
Ajax
Benedict

Benvolio
Bertram
Claudio
Cornelius
Edgar
Edmund
Fenton
Hugh
Orlando

Others:
Tycho ( I know a Tycho, he's adorable!!)
Quentin
Sawyer

I love unique names but I just hate when I have no idea how to spell or even pronounce a name because the spelling is way out there. Forgive me but half the names in this thread I can't read :blush:

The only name suggestion that I have is Knox. I really wanted to name my baby this if we were having a boy...but OH doesn't like it and we are having a girl anyway =)

Franklin/Franklyn
Caden/Kaiden
Sonny
Lincoln
Lennon
Flynn
Zane/Zain
Brody
Fletcher
Fraser
Parker
Taylor
Spencer
Ellis/Ellison

Just out of interest, what's the name you regret and why? Is it too common or too out there?
The name I regretted for over 2 years was Ashton. So no its not out there at all and it wasn't that uncommon (think it was no. 99 the year he was born in the state I lived in). The only reason I regret it is bc there where so many names I liked better and I had settled on one before having him and accidently called him it so many times while I was in hospital with him for a week. DH and I were not on very good terms when I had him and DH wouldn't agree to the name I loved but wouldn't come up with anymore. I have him my list of 10 names and said pick one Ashton was my least fav and of course that is what he picked. I just wanted him named so much I went aong with it. (have since been told DH was just being difficult and didn't mind the name I wanted at all :growlmad:. Will never do that again.

I know an Emerson and Ive never hear of Alexei. How would that be pronounced? love that you are choosing somehing unusual and unique. My partners name is Zunaid and I love it never heard of it before x
Uh- Lex- ee I am not good on writing pronouciations if anyone has a better way to explain it.

Thanks everyone I have added quite a few names to my list from here, I will see how I fee about them in a few days. I wish I could find something that felt right.

Alaric
Bowen
Walter
Alavandril
Roman
Nestor
Ovid
Zeus
Horace

Clarke
Evan
Maddox