uncontrollable shivering>>>>

wishing4ababy

mummy of 3 gorgeous LO's!
Reaction score
first thing this morning i woke up shivering uncontrollably. I didn't have any covers over me - and it was as if i was absolutely freezing - but then i started sweating! :shock: has anyone else had this - i had a section (with a spinal block) last thursday and am breast feeding.
really freaked me out - oh put another duvet on me and i managed to fall asleep!
xx

I had it. Sorry typing one handed as I'm feeding. It could be mastus (sp) or some kind of infection. Speak to your midwife asap. feel better.

I had it. Sorry typing one handed as I'm feeding. It could be mastus (sp) or some kind of infection. Speak to your midwife asap. feel better.

it hasn't happened since then? i spoke to mw who said to see if it happens again but that it could be hormonal?????

I had this after my c section-my temp would shoot up and down. I had a infection, but midwife also said it could be to do with my milk coming in but I'm guessing your milk is already in if it was last thursday.

I had that when I had mastitis. I was shivering so bad that I could not even stand up or put clothes on. It must be an infection of some sort, I would go to the doctor right away if it happens again.

I had this! Only for one day - it was when my milk came in and the midwife said it was quite normal. I woke up shivering and with almost flu-type body aches. My boobs were rock hard, lumpy and very painful. I thought I had mastitis too. The shivering and body aches only lasted a day. My boobs were very sore and lumpy for a couple of days though. I put cold compresses on them when I wasn't feeding, and when I was feeding, I massaged the lumpy areas and it all cleared up really quickly.

Sounds like you have some sort of infection starting babe...off to the docs please:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

This might sound weird, but I had this and it wa put down to exhaustion! I had it for quite a few weeks and as soon as I started getting more sleep it went. x

i've been googling this and also asked my mw when she came today....it can be known as milk fever and happens because of all the hormones whizzing about when your milk comes in......pretty scarey but glad it isn't an infection.

Hiya
I had this on and off for about a week after my little girl was born. Ended up going to the Doctors and it was an infection - had some antibiotics and was right as rain a day later!
Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->