Under pressure to reproduce?

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So my dad is all about us having baby #2 as he now wants a granddaughter. I told him this weekend that everytime he mentions it, I will be putting of TTCing for one month. He is now up to 4 months. :growlmad: For a man who never wanted kids of his own, he is seriously broody for the grandkids. :dohh:

Wow- it's a good thing no? I would be so excited if my parents were broody!

lol My father's pretty excited for grandkids someday--he glows whenever it gets mentioned, but he never says anything outright.

lol My father's pretty excited for grandkids someday--he glows whenever it gets mentioned, but he never says anything outright.

Mine's the same! He'd never EVER say it outright but whenever there's a child around he gets all granddaddy. :haha: When my friend had a baby a while ago and he saw me holding him he said it suited me. :cloud9:
Doesn't help the wait though to know that other people can't wait for LOs arrival either.

My mum is a HV so loooves babies! She's never put any pressure on either my sister or I to have children but I know she would just love to be a grandma! Hopefully she won't have to wait too much longer!

My mum knows it's on the cards and is pretty excited but doesn't ask. My dad says babies are too expensive and can't afford the extra Christmas presents, but he's just kidding, I hope! It's my step mum that's the worse, she is always asking, but not in a pressured way. Although she did start asking if I was pregnant and put her hand on my stomach when I'd bumped into her in Tesco and said 'bye baby'. Can't explain how that made me feel.

My mam loves kids and babys but has told me she is to young to be a grandma. Dont blame her shes only 42

awww I am jealous!!! My inlaws are the complete opposite, often telling me not to have kids and they don't want any more grandkids (they only have 1) and stuff. I wish that they were excited! I understand that it must get a bit annoying that they go on about it often, but just be pleased that when you do get to have another, they will definitely be very happy for you and I am sure be wonderful grandparents with lots of love for your little one - if only I had the same guarantee :) x

Dont wait if you dont want too lol... I got pregnant instantly the first time, and this time is taking forever. You never know when you might have fertility issues that will push #2 back firther and further.

Wow- it's a good thing no? I would be so excited if my parents were broody!

Of course it's great that he loves my son so much, and wants another grandchild, but I don't want to hear about it all the freaking time. Seriously everytime I see him, he goes on about it. Drives me nuts. Can't he just be happy with Brenn?

Dont wait if you dont want too lol... I got pregnant instantly the first time, and this time is taking forever. You never know when you might have fertility issues that will push #2 back firther and further.

I am in no hurry to have #2. I find Brenn to be a handful, and until the child actually sleeps, I don't need another child to keep me awake at night. haha But I do have the whole fertility issue in the back of my mind. We also got pregnant with Brenn the first time out, and I hope we have the same luck with #2, but 35 is coming very fast.

My mum's got 2 grandchildren, one's 19 and the others 1, and they both live in Cornwall and Bristol, whereas we're in Sussex. She doesn't put any pressure on me at all, but she points out cute baby things to me when we're out, and we talk about what's going to happen within the next few years. My poor dad is blissfully unaware, sitting behind his newspaper :p I think mum's looking forward to having a grandchild nearer to her.
OHs mother on the other hand doesn't like me even talking about babies or saying how cute they are when there's one on TV. But she hates me anyway, and I think she's kind of hoping OH and I will break up before we get a chance to make any babies :p Good luck to her! XD

My dad hasnt even mentioned grandchilden! He still thinks of me as his baby - even though OH and i have our own place i think he tells himself we sleep in seperate beds :rofl:

My mom on the other hand has made it clear that she would get excited but doesnt want me to rush. My nan has told me she wants to be a great gradma soon....lol.

haha well mothers who dont want to be grand mthers early should have considered that at the time themsleves got pregnant ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->