Undercover care

sorry all that happend was suspension!!!!????? they should have all been sacked and arrested!!!

Apparently they have said sorry - like thats f**king good enough.

Only 4 of them have been arrested, but they will all lose their jobs, suspension is policy until the investigation is complete, then it gets classed as gross misconduct, goes to disciplinary and then sackings and further referrals to police.

My office has been buzzing today talking about this...I work for adult social care :blush:

Sadly one of those clients featured was under the care of one of my social worker colleauges a few yrs back [before he went into Winterbourne]...

Its absolutely disgusting....Im ashamed of my profession now...I cant believe the CQC failed to investigate after many email/reports.

Weve been given the number of our senior media relations officer to redirect all the calls we've recieved about it today.

:cry:

Same here, I am a manager of a unit for women with mental health issues, personality disorder as well as all having learning disabilities, we have now been snowed with calls from the press, plus a barrage of extra work ensuring that this can never happen with us. We have a fantastic unit with amazing staff, I'd go mental if any of my staff did anything like that!!

My office has been buzzing today talking about this...I work for adult social care :blush:

Sadly one of those clients featured was under the care of one of my social worker colleauges a few yrs back [before he went into Winterbourne]...

Its absolutely disgusting....Im ashamed of my profession now...I cant believe the CQC failed to investigate after many email/reports.

Weve been given the number of our senior media relations officer to redirect all the calls we've recieved about it today.

Cqc didn't fail do t fail to investigate it was only reported by there website and was marked of as dealt with as social services was dealing with it it is down to social services to intervene not cqc there inspectors can go in but social services failed to call safe gaurding meeting for 4 months also tge reporter never reported tge abuse to the police if I had seen that they would have been one of my 1st port of calls x

It actually is down to the CQC. Because it's a private place the social services would never be involved, only local authorities, CQC and other commissioning bodies. As soon as abuse is reported to CQC, even through their website, they have a legal obligation to investigate.
Anyone can call a safeguarding meeting and should have been done the moment it was first reported by that nurse to his manager, but not a jot happened, it's madness!
If any of my staff reported anything to me those doing it would be immediately suspended, investigated and police involvement.
Jeez, we hold safeguarding meetings for much much less than that!!

sorry all that happend was suspension!!!!????? they should have all been sacked and arrested!!!

Apparently they have said sorry - like thats f**king good enough.

Only 4 of them have been arrested, but they will all lose their jobs, suspension is policy until the investigation is complete, then it gets classed as gross misconduct, goes to disciplinary and then sackings and further referrals to police.

Same here, I am a manager of a unit for women with mental health issues, personality disorder as well as all having learning disabilities, we have now been snowed with calls from the press, plus a barrage of extra work ensuring that this can never happen with us. We have a fantastic unit with amazing staff, I'd go mental if any of my staff did anything like that!!

Cqc didn't fail do t fail to investigate it was only reported by there website and was marked of as dealt with as social services was dealing with it it is down to social services to intervene not cqc there inspectors can go in but social services failed to call safe gaurding meeting for 4 months also tge reporter never reported tge abuse to the police if I had seen that they would have been one of my 1st port of calls x

It actually is down to the CQC. Because it's a private place the social services would never be involved, only local authorities, CQC and other commissioning bodies. As soon as abuse is reported to CQC, even through their website, they have a legal obligation to investigate.
Anyone can call a safeguarding meeting and should have been done the moment it was first reported by that nurse to his manager, but not a jot happened, it's madness!
If any of my staff reported anything to me those doing it would be immediately suspended, investigated and police involvement.
Jeez, we hold safeguarding meetings for much much less than that!!

It's taken me 45 minutes so far to watch 11 minutes of this programme. It's breaking my heart but I feel I HAVE to watch it

i work in care and i have witnessed abuse. everytime i have, i have kicked off and reported it to management, area manangement, social services vunerable adults protection and the police.
i have never seen abuse to this extent, and never to the extreme from members of staff. when i saw it happening, i cried so much. i wish i could of gone in and got them out.
and the ones just standing back and watching or knowing are just as bad as the abusers.
i dont even get why the patients were there? i have dealt with challenging bahviour alot worse then that in the community and their homes.
people like them give us genuine carers a bad name, and its really upsetting :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->