Understanding fsh & lh results???

kiwipauagirl

Reaction score
HI there :hi:
My GP has given me all of my day 3 and day 21 bloods test results however I don't understand what they mean. Does anyone know what the levels should be between for FSH, LH, Estradiol, Progesterone and Prolactin?? I have tried googling them and I am not getting anywhere.

Found this:

FSH FOLLICULAR PHASE 3.5-12.5

LH FOLLICULAR PHASE 2.4-12.6

In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.

Hi Kiwi. I had mine checked too

results are
FSH 6- (below 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good and anything over 10 is considered to be not so good so what i've read)

LH 5.2- (they like to see a ratio of about 1:1 with fsh, anyhting more than i think 2:1 can be suggestive off pcos)

estradiol 112pmols/L (Ideally cd3 estradiol should be below 200, i think they like it to be between 70-150?? If i remember rightly???) anything higher can suggest reduced ovarian function and also the fsh can be reduced and not give a true level potentially covering a fertillity problem!

Prolactin 174- not sure of the this one but its under 400 i think!

and finally your cd21 pregesterone test should be over 30 if you've defo ovulated, between 15-30 means you may have ovulated but a little later or earlier, under 15 (ithink) means no ovulation in last 2 weeks!

What were your results?? I haven't seen my dr yet with results but i'm a nurse and already checked them and have made my own interpretation ans i think they are pretty good as i'm 34

Hi Kiwi. I had mine checked too

results are
FSH 6- (below 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good and anything over 10 is considered to be not so good so what i've read)

LH 5.2- (they like to see a ratio of about 1:1 with fsh, anyhting more than i think 2:1 can be suggestive off pcos)

estradiol 112pmols/L (Ideally cd3 estradiol should be below 200, i think they like it to be between 70-150?? If i remember rightly???) anything higher can suggest reduced ovarian function and also the fsh can be reduced and not give a true level potentially covering a fertillity problem!

Prolactin 174- not sure of the this one but its under 400 i think!

and finally your cd21 pregesterone test should be over 30 if you've defo ovulated, between 15-30 means you may have ovulated but a little later or earlier, under 15 (ithink) means no ovulation in last 2 weeks!

What were your results?? I haven't seen my dr yet with results but i'm a nurse and already checked them and have made my own interpretation ans i think they are pretty good as i'm 34

thank you so much for your help. It gets so confusing trying to figure all these out.

My DAY 21 results were:
FSH - 4.9
LH - 2.1
Estradiol - 451
Progesterone - 50.8

My DAY 3 results were:
FSH - 8.9
LH - 4.8
Estradiol - 312
Prolactin - 379

Thanks for this info. I just found my 2010 results and my FSH and LH were 1:1. The level was 6 so within normal range. I didn't pursue TTC at that time but now that I am ready, I am curious to see my current results.

Very interesting thread. Can I test myself or a doctor would have to?

For a quantitative result you would have to do blood test at doctor/lab but I know that there is a urine test for FSH that will indicate high or low results.

Fertility Test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->