Understanding what's normal ...

comeondance77

Reaction score
Hello! Please excuse the length ... This is my first pregnancy and we are really excited. Considering my lack of experience in this department I feel like I've been doing a spectacular job about not freaking out about things. About two weeks ago my mom seemed a little concerned about baby's lack of movement. I feel like that has a lot to do with the fact that she hasn't gotten to feel her move yet but she's gotten to feel her coworkers baby move already (she's due 1 day apart from me). Baby moves but she goes through quiet times. There will be a couple of days where she is just a little wiggle worm in there and then a day or two of next to nothing. It makes me a little nervous but I've read from others that this is fairly normal until the third trimester. I guess it was just a little unsettling that my mom was concerned and told me I should ask my doctor about it. Which I plan to do at next week's appointment just for peace of mind.
OK. That all being said. Here is what concerns me and I've been trying very hard not to over think it. Unfortunately I made the mistake of telling my OH and now he's a little freaked out. oops. Anyways. Sometimes I feel these weird ******* movements that can really only be described as seizure-like. They don't tend to last very long but there will be a couple of them at varying lengths and then I'll feel nothing for a little bit and then normal movement after that. I haven't figured out any potential causes or anything because it's happened at completely random times. I've tried to looked it up but most forums just have the person asking about it and then not really getting any answers, so I know it happens to others. I just don't know how normal that is or if it's safe. Just another thing I plan to ask my doctor about.
I know that was very lengthy explanation but what do you think? Does that sound normal? Did you or do you have any unusual movements?

Does it feel like a rapid thumping like real quick? My second DD would have this rapid thumping when in my stomach and it used to scare me. It would only last a few moments less than a minute. Well after she was born I noticed her leg would thump/twitch and than she would be fine. Just a muscle spasm of sorts. She grew out of it by the time she was 1 and is perfectly healthy. We nicknamed her Thumper for a little while but the name didn't stick. :haha: maybe yours is something similar? Not all babies move constantly. You may just have a chill baby that likes to relax rather than a bouncy super active baby.

Does it feel like a rapid thumping like real quick? My second DD would have this rapid thumping when in my stomach and it used to scare me. It would only last a few moments less than a minute. Well after she was born I noticed her leg would thump/twitch and than she would be fine. Just a muscle spasm of sorts. She grew out of it by the time she was 1 and is perfectly healthy. We nicknamed her Thumper for a little while but the name didn't stick. :haha: maybe yours is something similar? Not all babies move constantly. You may just have a chill baby that likes to relax rather than a bouncy super active baby.

Yea that's kind of what it feels like. I wonder if it is something like that. I'm curious if her chillness now reflects what she might be like when she comes out.

I definitely think how they are on the inside is reflected in them once they are born! You might just be lucky and will have a relaxed child! Mine were both quite bouncy in my belly and are still very bouncy and hyper girls today even years after the pregnancies.

I had this with my daughter it freaked me out a little as well and once she was born her leg also used to shake at times she's now 8 and in perfect health so I do think that what there like on the inside reflects how they are once born it was muscle spasms just as the other lady said it went away completely at about 15 months old

My first too, and movement always makes me worry. In second tri, the baby has a lot of room, so they can shift into positions etc where you can't feel them. Very normal to have quiet days, my baby did that- i always panicked on those days, but then the next day he would be moving about like normal. Every baby is also different, so even though your mum can feel your co-workers baby move, that baby may just be more active.

I felt ( and still feel) all sorts of strange movements, sometimes i\m just like what the hell are you actually doing inside!?

hope that eases your mind a little :)

I was thinking the same thing... DD1 had hiccups all the time. And it feels very different from arms and legs moving.

My second didn't move much during the day, she was a night time stretcher... my mum only felt her move later in the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->