Underweight and TTC. Anyone else?

Coco Tutu

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I am and have always been underweight, but always healthy. I am 163 cm tall (well, short) and ranging from 47 to 49 kg. During the summer I always lose weight so I found myself at 46 when I started TTC this month and read that it is 4 times harder for underweight women to get pregnant.

I thought however that this has to do with malnutrition and deficiencies or will a level of underweight that results to missed periods. I got my blood tests in July and they are more than perfect (iron, calcium, B12, D, blood volume and the like) and I have been taking a prenatal since February.

I am also trying to gain weight, but I have only managed to reach 48 from 46, while to be in the normal BMI range I should be 50-52. And I am EATING! But nothing happens :( No thyroid issues by the way.

Anyone else underweight and TTC or already has a baby?

OK, I found the "Women who were underweight before pregnancy and had a healthy pregnancy?" thread. I guess I will see you ladies there :) Sorry, I am new to the forum and not sure how to navigate yet. So many topics, so many threads!

I'm not underweight but my understanding is that if you are currently having regular cycles then you should be OK. If you are severely underweight that your body goes into starvation mode then you wouldn't be having periods at all. As long as you are still getting periods I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm not underweight but my understanding is that if you are currently having regular cycles then you should be OK. If you are severely underweight that your body goes into starvation mode then you wouldn't be having periods at all. As long as you are still getting periods I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thank you floridasian for taking the time to answer :) I do have regular periods. Well, not picture perfect 28 days ones, but I have my period every 29-32 days, so we will try a few months before I start worrying to much.

Edit. Note by Calm: The spam has been dealt with. Thank you for your help :flower:

i've been underweight too although i have gained around 12 pounds in the last month still want to gain 6 more pounds. My doctor said that as long as your periods are regular and you are ovulating theres nothing much to worry about.

i've been underweight too although i have gained around 12 pounds in the last month still want to gain 6 more pounds. My doctor said that as long as your periods are regular and you are ovulating theres nothing much to worry about.

Let's hope he is right :) How long have you been trying dear?

I hope so too :) its my 3rd month ttc#1, what about you?

I hope so too :) its my 3rd month ttc#1, what about you?

It is just my first month and I am quite sure that there will have to be more, as I can feel the AF symptoms coming. I get snappy a week before AF usually and my breasts become fuller and that is happening now. So I just want it to come, so I can get over with it and start trying from scratch.:witch:

Pregnancy symptoms are like pre AF symptoms. So dont lose hope. Its not over till the ugly witch shows her face! Fx for you dear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->