Underwired bras

mumtobe01

one perfect little boy!
Reaction score
What is the problem with wearing them in pregnancy?
Can someone please fill me in? :shrug:

i wondered this too. i couldnt imagine not wearing an underwire as my boobs are now either a 38g, or a 40ddd (sized at 2 different places). i need all the support i can get.

Wearing wires can restrict developing milk ducts which supposedly causes issues with production and also some discomfort.

My feeling is though, if the bra is well fitting (ie the wires are sat way back off the breast tissue under the arms, and lie flush on the rib cage in the middle) and the fit is checked regularly, is it that big an issue?

I wear both - I have a couple of good fitting underwires from pre-pregnancy that I'm happy to continue wearing, and then a couple of sports bras and maternity bras for other times.

yea, i heard if the bra doesnt fit correctly, it can damage the milk ducts.
But, I have big boobs to begin with (36 DD) and now at 24 weeks, my boobs were measured by Nordstroms lady at 36 H!!! its horrible, really, im soooo over it :(
I can't possibly wear a bra with no underwire, i'd b soooo uncomfortable. So I got fitted, bought my EXPENSIVE 36H bras and now hope i dont get bigger....

I was wondering this too. prepregnancy I wore a 34 H and now I know I am at least one or two sizes bigger but I cannot find them anywhere except a few places online and I have never worn a bra without an underwire and am afraid of spending so much money without being able to try it on :( I dont work and most of the time am just at home, so I go without wearing one :blush:... but that cant be good either.:shrug:

At 40DD I can't NOT wear an underwire :lol: if you get fitted properly you're fine.

Thanks girls!
Pre pregnancy I was a 32DD and they have definatly got bigger probably a size bigger but I am still managing in my old bras at the moment.
Not going to be able to breast feed any way due to being on certain medications so dont really need to worry about that.

i still wear underwire bras.. i have big boobs for my size.. but i love my underwire bras

I'm still wearing underwire. As long as the bra is a good fit, and not squishing ur jubblies, then no damage shud be done to ur milk ducts.

I recently asked my midwife when to begin wearing maternity bras as i intend to breastfeed and want them tip top lol but she said as long as its comfortable, then whenever i like :)

I never even heard of this when I was pregnant with my first, but they never grew then. This time all bets are off and I have gone up to a 42 DDD form a 40C! They are insanely large and I could never not wear an underwire! Last time I even bought and wore underwire nursing bras that I know will not fit this time.

I have always worn them even while nursing, will this time around too. Never caused any problems but I always get sized to be sure I'm getting the correct size and they fit really well

I just bought some maternity/nursing bras that have underwires. They can't be THAT bad if they make them that way. The store did have some wireless bras but those were really expensive. I didn't get professionally fitted but I tried on about 5 different sizes -- trying out different cup sizes along with waist. Pre-pregnancy I was about an A36. At about second trimester I went to a C36. At the time this bigger size felt heavenly. The past few weeks they started to leave welt all over me. Now I'm wearing a C40 with underwires. They're very, very comfy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->