Unexpected BFP! Wanted to Share "Symptoms"

kittyprius

Newlywed
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Hubby and I have been NTNP since November. There were two cycles where I swore up and down I was pregnant, I had all of the symptoms... lo and behold, AF showed each time.

About me: Average 38 day cycle since coming off bcp. 26 years old, hubby is 30. LMP was March 11th.

I literally had no symptoms, or so I thought!

Hubby recently became unemployed and that has been causing SO MUCH stress and unfortunately some arguments. So I chalked my extreeeeeeme mood swings up to that! My period was due April 17th (cycle day 39) and it didn't show. I figured, okay it's the stress. Next thing I know later that day, my nipples felt like they were sun burned... not tingly. Not sore. My boobs felt fine. But the nipples?! Sunburned feeling! Uh oh. This is something I've never had before... where is my period?

Next day, still a no show. I tell hubby. We go out Saturday (2 days late now) and buy pregnancy tests.

Easter Sunday. I wake up super early to poas. I see the control line come up IMMEDIATELY and proceed with watch with baited breath as the test line slowly....slowly....slowly turns a pale blue. What!! What!! I wake up hubby. He is thrilled. There is crying and adrenaline rushes. He then proceeds to point out to me that in my half asleep stupor, I got the lines mixed up!! The line that showed up immediately and dark as night was the POSITIVE line! The control line is what took so long to show up!! Cue my embarassment.

I take one more test.... huge bfp. I tell hubby I don't believe it because it's a blue dye test. He runs out and buys me a digital with a weeks estimator, and pre-natal vitamins because he has no denial issues. No denying it... pregnant, with 3+ weeks since ovulation. I am 6 weeks prego tomorrow and terrified!

My only symptoms, now that I look back on it...

Something smelled terrible terrible terrible in our fridge. Hubby couldn't smell it as badly as I could. Also our cat litter pans reeked to me even though we had just cleaned them.

My very, very dramatic mood swings including a confrontation at my job.

My sunburned feeling nipples.

Major fatigue.

Mild cramps the week before my period was due, and only small twinges here and there before the positive result. (Continuing through now)

That's it! Boobs are still fine, I'm a bit more hungry than normal, fatigue is killing me and my nipples don't hurt anymore. First appointment tomorrow :)

https://i62.tinypic.com/wbdl44.jpg

Wow sounds very unexpected!! But a huge congratulations x x

Congratulations and a happy & healthy 9 months! :)

Congratulations
Hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations sweetie <3. I wish you a H&H 9 months! :hugs:
Sorry about your hubby losing his job. I hope more doors open for you two <3.

Just wanted to bump this post...

It's TWINS!

Twin girls due 12/24. Was not six weeks prego, but 5. Estimator was off due to high hcg levels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->