Unexpectedly expecting number 2....

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
I have PCOS and it took almost 5 years to conceive our little girl. We had talked about starting toTTC next year and I was going to go to the doctors at the beginning of 2018 to discuss my options (I conceived with clomid last time round). No need! I've had a heavy cold and just put my tiredness down to that. I've felt a bit 'off' but again put that down to having a horrid head cold.
Anyway, since having Zoë my cycles have been fairly consistent by my standards...around 30-35 days (before LO they could 100+ days apart).
I checked my calendar and noticed I was quite late going by previous cycles. Didn't think much of it though. Decided to put my mind at rest and take a test.....and immediate 'pregnant' followed by '3+'

I'm guessing I'm about 6 weeks. Total shock and it hasn't sunk in yet that number 2 is on the way!! My heads all over the place!

Didn't expect to be back here so soon!

Hey we're in the same boat! LOL

It took me around 6 years to finally get pregnant with my baby Jax. Thinking we didn't need birth control because I didn't want to interrupt my cycles seeing how hard it was to get pregnant...then SURPRISE! Pregnant again!

Jaxon is almost 5 months and I am almost 7 weeks :D

Hehe. I THINK I'm about six weeks. I'll be calling the doctors in the morning to make an appointment.
We've not been using BC because it totally screwed me up when I came off the pill. I have been keeping an eye on ovulation half heartedly, but I've always been able to tell when OV is approaching or is happening....not this time!

Still hasn't sunk in!

Congrats to you mamma! My first is 21 months. I'm hoping she'll take to being a big sister like a duck to water.

Congratulations to both of you! How amazing, I have heard this story a lot as a midwife. Pregnancy and birth quiet often 'resets' your body and cycles can become more regular, making it easier to conceive! So happy for you both :)

Congratulations to both of you! How amazing, I have heard this story a lot as a midwife. Pregnancy and birth quiet often 'resets' your body and cycles can become more regular, making it easier to conceive! So happy for you both :)

Aw thank you! It still hasn't sunk in and I'm not sure it ever will to be honest. Haha!

From my head being all over the place last night, I've woken up to the realities of what I need to do. After a call to the doctors I'm off to get folic acid!

Congratulations!
We tried for 3.5 years for DD. Never in my wildest dreams did I would get pregnant "accidentally".
Came off the pill in Feb for some surgery and was pregnant 2 weeks later.
Congrats again and enjoy your pregnancy!

Congratulations!
We tried for 3.5 years for DD. Never in my wildest dreams did I would get pregnant "accidentally".
Came off the pill in Feb for some surgery and was pregnant 2 weeks later.
Congrats again and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thank you! Congratulations to you too xx

Massive congrats! This is my fourth but was a surprise too, as I have an almost 10 month old DD. I've had multiple miscarriages before conceiving my rainbow DD so I was surprised that I became pregnant so quickly and this baby is thankfully healthy.

Massive congrats! This is my fourth but was a surprise too, as I have an almost 10 month old DD. I've had multiple miscarriages before conceiving my rainbow DD so I was surprised that I became pregnant so quickly and this baby is thankfully healthy.

Congratulations!! H&H 9 months x

Congratulations!

Our second took 4 years, we thought nothing would happen when we started TTC no 3 but it took 2 months and we only DTD once! :haha:

Congratulations!!! I have PCOS and definitely thought my second pregnancy was a fluke, since we struggled so much to get our first baby, who was 7 months old at the time. It was a huge surprise that I got that positive pregnancy test when I was supposed to be having surgery that day! I am now on a surprise fifth pregnancy, so definitely be careful!!!!! Sometimes, our bodies seem to "fix" themselves after we have a baby.

Congratulations!!! I have PCOS and definitely thought my second pregnancy was a fluke, since we struggled so much to get our first baby, who was 7 months old at the time. It was a huge surprise that I got that positive pregnancy test when I was supposed to be having surgery that day! I am now on a surprise fifth pregnancy, so definitely be careful!!!!! Sometimes, our bodies seem to "fix" themselves after we have a baby.

A surprise 5th???!! I can assure you that there will be no more surprises after this LO. We're already looking in to our 'options'. Two was always the plan and I'm sticking with it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->