Unexplained Infertility, IUI/Clomid and Progesterone Suppositories??

calinina

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time posting to any ttc forum. I've been ttc since 1/2013 and didn't actively try this first year but now I've been diagnosed w/unexplained infertility, I had a polypectomy/hysteroscopy/d&c in 9/2014 to remove polyps and cysts in my uterus; husband has normal sperm count but morphology is at 5.4%.
This has been the hardest journey I've ever faced. It's only by God's grace and my husband/family's strength I've been able to get through this tough time.. Anyway, I started my first medicated ART cycle last month, IUI/Clomid (50mg), and HCG shot last cycle, but got my BFN yesterday :( so I'm now onto my next medicated cycle, but I'm wondering if I should increase clomid to 100 mg because 50 mg only produced 1 follicle. Also, if I should do the vaginal progesterone suppositories (my luteal phase is between 10-12 days)?
Any advice is very welcome!

Thank you!! & *Baby Dust* to you all! :)

Have u asked ur Dr about the progesterone? And he might increase ur clomid. Mine did but I still had bfns. I'm unexplained with no issues. Dr's said there is no reason y I shouldn't get pregnant and yet here I'm at my first iui since nothing has worked naturally or medicated

Hi momwannabe :) I hope you get your BFP on your first iui! Stay encouraged as difficult as it can be..
I did ask my dr about the progesterone and she wants me to take it to support the pregnancy, but I'm wondering if it can help me get pregnant as well. If anyone out there has had luck by using progesterone suppositories?

Ove seen ladies on here get their bfp while on progesterone. Fx for u

I can just tell you from my own experience (I had 4 IUIs). I don't get a BFP without taking progesterone and I have a MMC if I don't take aspirin. I so wish I had learned about the aspirin earlier, it would have saved me from 3 losses. My last IUI I took progesterone and aspirin and I am now 27 weeks pg.

Best of luck to you and just keep researching.

TTC First, thanks for the response. What is an MMC and when did you start taking the aspirin? After ovulation? Any help is great, thanks! Also, congrats on your growing baby! :)

Hi Calinia your story seems very similar to mine. I have done my first IUI this cycle with clomid, ovidrel shot and progesterone. IUI was done yesterday and I just started progesterone today. Doctor diagnosed me with unexplained infertility, even though I had a huge cycst and endometriosis which was removed last month. Hubby morphology is low. Everything else is fine and the doctor said we shouldn't have had trouble getting pregnant. But here we are. I wish you the very best for your second IUI.

Hi Calinia your story seems very similar to mine. I have done my first IUI this cycle with clomid, ovidrel shot and progesterone. IUI was done yesterday and I just started progesterone today. Doctor diagnosed me with unexplained infertility, even though I had a huge cycst and endometriosis which was removed last month. Hubby morphology is low. Everything else is fine and the doctor said we shouldn't have had trouble getting pregnant. But here we are. I wish you the very best for your second IUI.

Hi wantbump, our stories do seem very similar- dh has lower morphology , I think k 5% and I had cysts and polyps that had to be removed last year. How many mg of clomid are you taking? Did you do an U/S before tour iui to see how many follicles developed?
Hope this cycle works out for you! I pray we both get our bumps:)

Hi wantbump, our stories do seem very similar- dh has lower morphology , I think k 5% and I had cysts and polyps that had to be removed last year. How many mg of clomid are you taking? Did you do an U/S before tour iui to see how many follicles developed?
Hope this cycle works out for you! I pray we both get our bumps:)

Hi Calinina I took 50mg clomid and yes my RE did u/s on CD3 and then CD10. I had 15 follicles but 2 matured to 19.4 and 22.4 mm and then IUI on CD12. This is the first time a monitored cycle for me, that too with IUI. Do you know how many you had?

Hi Calinina I took 50mg clomid and yes my RE did u/s on CD3 and then CD10. I had 15 follicles but 2 matured to 19.4 and 22.4 mm and then IUI on CD12. This is the first time a monitored cycle for me, that too with IUI. Do you know how many you had?

Oh that's great, so you have 2 mature follies! :) When I did 50 mg I actually only developed 1 mature follicle that was 20mm and then I triggered the next day and did IUI the following day. I'm hoping since my provider increased my clomid to 100mg that I'll have 2 or 3 follicles this time. I go in for my u/s on Wednesday, I'll keep you updated! How long have you been ttc? I hope we get our BFP soon! :)

Did ur Dr just have u take progesterone to help increase chances or bc u need it? I'm wondering if I should ask mine. I'm doing clomid (took last one today) and trigger shot. I'm taking baby aspirin and prenatals. I just wanna do as much as I can to help. Never had a BFP :'(

Hi calinina we have been really trying for a year and 4 months. But it took another year and half to get hubby to start trying. So the wait is longer for me! I hope you get your BFP this time. Where are you at your cycle now?

Momwannabe, I am taking progesterone this cycle with trigger shot and clomid. I think my doctor wanted to increase my chances because I have good levels of progesterone. I always O and my luteal phase is quite long - 16 days. But i didn't take aspirin. i feel like I should have.

Ty wantbump I'm going to ask him Friday about maybe taking it this cycle

TTC First, thanks for the response. What is an MMC and when did you start taking the aspirin? After ovulation? Any help is great, thanks! Also, congrats on your growing baby! :)

MMC is Missed Miscarriage. It's when the baby stops growing but you don't naturally have a miscarriage. They give you medication to start your miscarriage.

I am trying to remember when I started taking the aspirin. I believe it was the day after my IUI. It is one baby aspirin every day. I was able to find lots of info online about it so I am not sure when others take it. My doctor said I can keep taking it till I have the baby. I am so scared to stop taking it before the baby is born.

Did ur Dr just have u take progesterone to help increase chances or bc u need it? I'm wondering if I should ask mine. I'm doing clomid (took last one today) and trigger shot. I'm taking baby aspirin and prenatals. I just wanna do as much as I can to help. Never had a BFP :'(

I understand the frustration, I've never had a BFP either, I can't wait until we get one. So I was confused as why my dr prescribed me progesterone because my lab work didn't indicate that I needed it, but she said it may help with implantation, so I'm going to take 2 progesterone suppositories every day during my 2ww starting on 3dpo.
When did you start taking baby aspirin? Do you take it every day during your cycle?

Hi calinina we have been really trying for a year and 4 months. But it took another year and half to get hubby to start trying. So the wait is longer for me! I hope you get your BFP this time. Where are you at your cycle now?

Momwannabe, I am taking progesterone this cycle with trigger shot and clomid. I think my doctor wanted to increase my chances because I have good levels of progesterone. I always O and my luteal phase is quite long - 16 days. But i didn't take aspirin. i feel like I should have.

I'm on cd9, going in for u/s tomorrow to see how many follies developed. I hope we both get our BFPs! How many progesterone pills are you taking a day? My dr prescribed me 3/day but I think I'm only going to do 2/day.

MMC is Missed Miscarriage. It's when the baby stops growing but you don't naturally have a miscarriage. They give you medication to start your miscarriage.

I am trying to remember when I started taking the aspirin. I believe it was the day after my IUI. It is one baby aspirin every day. I was able to find lots of info online about it so I am not sure when others take it. My doctor said I can keep taking it till I have the baby. I am so scared to stop taking it before the baby is born.

Thanks TTC FIRST, I'll definitely look into the baby aspirin. What a blessing it finally worked out for you, God bless you and your growing baby.

I understand the frustration, I've never had a BFP either, I can't wait until we get one. So I was confused as why my dr prescribed me progesterone because my lab work didn't indicate that I needed it, but she said it may help with implantation, so I'm going to take 2 progesterone suppositories every day during my 2ww starting on 3dpo.
When did you start taking baby aspirin? Do you take it every day during your cycle?

I started taking it before af showed and been taking it since.

Hi wantbump, I just got back from my CD10 u/s and I had 3 follicles, 2 at 18.5mm and 1 at 14.5 mm. I'll trigger tomorrow morning and go in for IUI on Friday morning. I'll start taking 2 progesterone pills on Monday throughout the 2ww. Praying this works out for us!

Hi calinina! 3 follicles sound so good, I had 2 at 19 and 22. Well as for your question earlier I am on two doses of progesterone a day, 12 hours apart. Good luck with the trigger and IUI. I really hope we get BFP's this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->