unique spelling HELP

myangel167

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wtt but I love talking about/thinking about what I will eventually name my babies.

I'm all about unique names/spelling. My name is Sonja-Renee'. (yes, both are technically my FIRST name, but I just go by Sonja.) just in case u didn't know, Sonja-sounds like Sonya. its Scandinavian. I get a lot of people who pronounce the J. lol

ANyway...so I know if/when I have a baby it will have a unique name..but not so unique that its weird. lol and if I choose a more common name...I would like to mess with the spelling. Example-Ashley, I would spell it Ashleigh.

So, I am IN LOVE with the name Avery right now. (For a girl) But I want to spell it differently...maybe something like Avere or Avare. What do you guys think?? Does it look like it says "Ay-Vair" ? Should I add an extra E? Averee? Avaree? I don't like the way the extra E looks. Any other suggestions?

Hello, I'm wtt but I love talking about/thinking about what I will eventually name my babies.

I'm all about unique names/spelling. My name is Sonja-Renee'. (yes, both are technically my FIRST name, but I just go by Sonja.) just in case u didn't know, Sonja-sounds like Sonya. its Scandinavian. I get a lot of people who pronounce the J. lol

ANyway...so I know if/when I have a baby it will have a unique name..but not so unique that its weird. lol and if I choose a more common name...I would like to mess with the spelling. Example-Ashley, I would spell it Ashleigh.

So, I am IN LOVE with the name Avery right now. (For a girl) But I want to spell it differently...maybe something like Avere or Avare. What do you guys think?? Does it look like it says "Ay-Vair" ? Should I add an extra E? Averee? Avaree? I don't like the way the extra E looks. Any other suggestions?

Sonja isn't a unique spelling its a foreign spelling - surprised you get trouble from it most of the Sonja/Sonya Ive met are spelled like that

once again Ashleigh isn't unique at all, its the feminine version of Ashley which is masculine - I know tonnes of girls with this name (and one boy but he got bullied terribly for it)

as for Avery I prefer:

Avarie for a girl as I think it looks more feminine
Avery for a boy as its more masculine looking

I don't think avere looks like avery.

If it was my name I would prefer Avery as I wouldn't want to correct everyone and all new teachers etc.

Though I think averie and averee look most like how they are supposed to be pronounced.

Love the name btw.

i like the classic spelling of avery. the name is unique as is, and very pretty.
maybe you could play with the middle name.

I like Avarie a lot!

Avare to me looks like "ay-vere". I'd think you need either "-ee", "-ie" or "ey"

Other suggestions:
Averie
Averey
Averee
Avarie
Avarey
Avaree

I'd go with Avarie (nn Ava?) or Averie

maybe unique was the wrong word to use? I just mean...less common. but thanks for the input.

I would use Avery or Averie. Honestly, I wouldn't change the spelling purely to be different, just choose a different name, or hyphenate it like yours! Otherwise LO will end up with the nightmare of mis-spelling and mispronunciation her whole life.

Edit: Just re-read this comment and it sounds a little bitchy! That wasn't how it was intended! :dohh: Sorry!

maybe unique was the wrong word to use? I just mean...less common. but thanks for the input.

Uniqueness depends on where you are from and where you live. So if that spelling is uncommon where you live then it would be different and thereby unique.

Where i am the spelling Sonja is unique as it is usually spelt Sonia or Sonya especially if the parent is naming for the purpose of uniqueness not because of a history or cultural choice.

For Avery. I think what would come across best would be Averie

I would say go with Avarie, but apparently it means "damaged" in French: https://dictionary.reverso.net/french-english/avarie

I like Averie. Very cute and chic. Avarie is lovely too but in my head I say ava-ree which I really like lol

I like Averie :)
I'm not a big fan of names ending with ee. My DH family seems to love it! With about 3 of the relatives children's names ending in ee....... I have to be careful when we finally have a baby that it's not a name that could be spelt with 2 e's on the end. They'll want me to follow the tradition lol.

I would just stick to Avery. I have to spell my name out all the time and it's definitely something I would pay attention to when naming my children *knocks on wood*, so they don't have to say: I'm Averie with i-e instead of just saying their name. Though you don't seem to have any trouble with having to correct people, so it might be just me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->