Unpasteurised apple cider vinegar

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
I've heard this is good for a cold but in order to have 'the mother' in it it needs to be unpasteurised so wondering if this is safe to take?

I've read that the unpasteurized version isn't safe in pregnancy so I personally wouldn't risk it.

Unpasteurized could be contaminated, but you can possibly look up the specific risks and determine if your odds of feeling better are worth the risk of contaminated apple cider. Personally, I'd label this likely enough an old wives tale and pass.

https://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html Take a look at their FAQs...vinegar isn't the same as milk as far as pasturization goes due to how high in acid it is. So healthy for you!!

I use this during pregnancy, especially if I come down with a cold. I'm currently using it to help kick my bronchitis. The practice I go to (4 doctors, 2 nurse practitioners, 4 midwives, and it's the best in my state) recommends it - up to a tablespoon with raw honey in warm water. It gets rid of the cough and helps you heal. And it doesn't taste as awful as you'd think. :)

I'm another who takes it, even during pregnancy.

Got another cold & ive given in today & had two drinks with the apple cider vinegar, honey, etc hoping for some relief!

I take a couple tablespoons of Braggs every day. Doctor says it's great and everything i looked up says it's very beneficial during pregnancy. Like pp, it'd be different if it were dairy, an animal product. Just make sure it's Bragg's, i wouldn't trust any ol brand. This is what their website says:

10 - Is Apple Cider Vinegar safe to take during pregnancy?

Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is safe to take during and after pregnancy. It helps to rid the body of toxins and may even help with any complications that may arise or have arisen with the pregnancy. It supports regularity and promotes digestion.

I've taken it in pregnancy before and with this one. :)

My midwife brought this up at our first appointment and said it was safe. I also agree with the poster who suggested to only use Braggs and not just any brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->