Unplanned 3rd baby surprise- health concerns

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
Hi
I found out two days ago that I am expecting my 3rd baby! I have two DS age 9 and 4. Part of me is so happy but at the same time I am also very concerned whether I should continue with the pregnancy.

Reasons being- I am 40
1st baby was 6/52 early after a placental bleed at 26 weeks and then came via emergency section.
2nd baby was 10 days overdue- weighed a whopping 11lb and resulted in a massive diastasis recti needing an umbilical hernia repair. I was told to not get pregnant again following this surgery and am very concerned if I was to progress, what could happen. Anyone have any experience of this?
If I was to go ahead with this pregnancy I would obv need a section again as last 2 were that way. I have no family support to help with school run and live remotely meaning I need to drive etc.

Lastly I have had moderate changes to my smears and needed colposcopy and treatments. Smear is due in July and I now wouldn't be able to have it and it is really important I keep up to date with them.

I really really do not know what to do. My head is saying all these health worries mean it is too risky to continue but my heart is really warming to a new addition.

Pls help and pls don't judge me.

Aw hun, I can't imagine how you are feeling. I have no experience of this but hope you get the right support and guidance, what has your partner said? Xx

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time :( I would suggest that you consult with your family doctor about your options. Gather as much information as you can before you make a decision.

Hey, I'd strongly advise talking to your doctor about best, most likely, and worst case scenarios for your health concerns. You have your little boys who need you healthy - try not to feel bad for prioritising your health.

This baby was given to you for a reason just as your other 2 were. I’m sure those concerns are nerve wracking but every pregnancy is different.

Thanks all for your replies. I am going to ring my GP at 2 once triage is back open and try and get in for a chat.

Thanks all for your replies. I am going to ring my GP at 2 once triage is back open and try and get in for a chat.
Just get as much info from them and write a pros and cons list hunni. But the end choice is down to you. X

Hi everyone. I had an internal scan yesterday and there was nothing at all there. Sent away with a leaflet on ectopic pregnancy signs and advised to test again in a week. I am def Over 5 weeks so it’s looking like a chemical or potential ectopic.
Pregnancy test lines have stayed the same over the past week and a digital still says 1-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->