Unsafe work environment

amc90

Reaction score
I need to rant. I work as a floor RN and was exposed to shingles. My patient was down in the ER for hours and when they brought her up they didn't tell me that she had a shingles rash. She was really unsteady and even though I wore gloves she touched all over my arms. I'm just really angry because this has been an ongoing problem on my floor and nobody seems to care. They have brought TB and meningitis patients to us without isolation or our knowledge. My titer always comes back negative for chicken pox so I am really freaked out. My obgyn said he will get me in later this week for another titer. The whole reason I got pregnant was because I caught pertussis at work despite having the vaccine and my antibiotics counteracted my BC. I'm so frustrated and I can't quit because I am in a contract until March when baby is due, so I'd owe them at least 1K and would lose maternity leave. Regardless I am leaving then since my SO will have a job. My SO is a full time PH.D. student and he won't be done until the spring either. Nobody at my work doesn't think it is that big of an issue but most of them are younger and without children. I know it is a really big deal if you get chicken pox while pregnant.

How awful!

Have you had a risk assessment? Could you possibly triage people yourself before you undertake their care? It's a very hard situation, it's really unfair that your colleagues are not taking this seriously.

I hope your ob appt goes well and he will be able to reassure you.

Is there a corporate or labor number you can call?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->