Unsettled with formula?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
my 12 week old has been pretty much exclusively breastfeeding up until now. I'm keen to introduce a bottle so I can go out/get a bit of a break. Dd has taken the bottle more or less fine with expressed milk, however I have given her formula 3 times now (to give me chance to pump) and she has thrown up each time. Twice she has thrown the whole feed back, the other was a smaller amount (though not posset). Every time she has been very unsettled after each feed.

I don't really want to go down the route of trying loads of milks as it seems daft (we didn't have a hundred types of formula as kids and we managed). Do you think I should just persevere and assume her gut will get used to it?

Any others experienced this?

What formula are you using? Maybe try a comfort formula or making a bottle with half breast milk and half formula.

Could you just pump and leave her with a bottle of bm instead of formula?

Hi.

I am trying to do EBM, I'm only just using the formula so I can skip a feed and therefore pump. What's happening is that she throws up the formula and it hungry soon after, so I can't pump.

Using Aptimil at the mo.

Don't skip a feed to pump - instead pump after a feed or pump at the same time each day... You body will quickly adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->