• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unsure about starting a college course in sept

Babyfairy1984

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice and opinions.
At the moment I am a sahm to my 16mth old son. I have an interview on the 13to to start a part time beauty course at college. My sister has said she will have ds for me, it will be 2/3 days a wk. I have always wanted to do a beauty course but took leisure and travel at college instead which my heart wasn't in. I am now 29 and thinking is this the right time... Don't really want to leave lo but would love to have a qualification in something which I love. Confused :wacko:

Just looking for some advice and opinions.
At the moment I am a sahm to my 16mth old son. I have an interview on the 13to to start a part time beauty course at college. My sister has said she will have ds for me, it will be 2/3 days a wk. I have always wanted to do a beauty course but took leisure and travel at college instead which my heart wasn't in. I am now 29 and thinking is this the right time... Don't really want to leave lo but would love to have a qualification in something which I love. Confused :wacko:

If go for it. It's only 2/3 days for a few months and then you'll be qualified. If you don't do it know when will you?

Once lo is in school you'll have to mess about finding someone to take him and pick him up

Good luck!

I would absolutely go for it, with the luxury of your sister as childcare it sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

Go for it! It sounds like a great opportunity to get the qualification, then when you have it you can decide what you want to do in terms of hours/jobs etc.

Do it do it do it!
I did my lv 3 in childcare and education last year (LO was 21 months) and it was the best decision i have made in a loong time. I am so excited about my future now and am starting uni this september :)
You wont regret it!

I'd do it :) I'm at Uni, my LO is 18 months. I couldnt be happier... I'd hate to be sat at home doing nothing to be honest. I'd like to have qualifications for my son to be proud of me for.

I currently have a Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in ICT - 18 distinctions.
I'm working towards a BSc Hons Degree. x

go for it, I start college in Sept doing full time hairdressing with additional beauty course, that's 3 days a week and I can't wait. I love my daughter but I need something for myself as I feel very isolated atm and it will give me something other than my daughter and give me feeling of accomplishing something and some self worth aswell as meeting new people and being able to have proper conversations plus will make time with my daughter even more special x

Thanks girls, i'll def go for the interview and see how it goes x

Hi girls,

I went for the interview it went well, i got a place and the course sounds great. It will be 13hrs a wk over 3 days on a mature students course finishing no later than 3pm for students with children at school. The course is 1 yr but she said to get a good job u should stay an extra year and do the next level too. So my dilemma is im just worried about leaving lo, he'll be 17mths in sep. I know he would be with my sister but what if he missed me, wondered why i left him etc, obv i would miss him and worry. Am i being silly? Should i wait a year instead? So confused now!

I start next month my daughter will be 20 months and at college 3 days a week my course is 2 years,im a bit nervous about leaving her as a part from every other weekend we are together 24/7 plus with her she's at nursery so will be with people i don't know which I'm getting more and more worried about, but I think the break will do us both good she can see other children and hopefully won't be as clingy and i can be with people my own age get a bit of a social life back and have something for myself that I enjoy as well as building better future for us, not saying i don't enjoy spending time with her but atm my life revolves around looking after her and the house, lost basically all friends when I fell pregnant so looking forward to starting this course xx

Like Melissa, my LO was 20 months when I started my course. At first it was hard, but he settled into his new routine quickly. To be honest I think it is much harder on parents then the children!
If he is going to your sister then I assume they already have a good bond?

Personally Id start this year :) unfortunately the feeling of not wanting to leave our babies doesnt go with age!

Thanku, just anxious about leaving him but the course is only 13hrs a week so he would prob b napping half those hrs anyway at my sisters. Its such a great opportunity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->